ARDALT JAPAN

Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will do my best to describe these, but they are tall, hand painted, and have a picture of a lady in a gold/yellow dress with one sheep nestled up against her she appears to be pulling the right side of her dress down at the top and young man is propped on a small rock, it has a name in the rock with what appears to be a date but very hard to see looks the first name is just the letter J and then the last name starts with a S maybe. There is a top or lid, they have thick gold handles on each side and on the bottom is a gold sticker that says ARDALT THEN JAPAN under that and the number 7210 stamped on it, any idea of what these are called and the approximate value?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
SWB,
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
What kind of an object are you describing? A bowl, a pitcher, a figurine, or what?
What is the composition of the object?
Obviously, (to coin a phrase) 'a picture is worth a thousand words'.
And if you can't take a pic, try directing us to a site that has a similar object.
Don....

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
109.jpg

"The double A mark of Ardalt A, seems to have been a trademark for tableware, dishes, jars and vases registered by ARDALT Inc. Corp., 95 Madison AVE., New York and first used in 1945. On some pieces the trademark 'Lenwile' occurs which was also registered by the ARDALT Inc., in 1945, for use on figurines and statuettes. Both marks have been used on Japanese pieces. The name Ardalt occurs also on pieces from other countries." Japanese porcelain marks

Hello shoes,

Welcome to TNet. I'm not getting a good picture from your description. It is nearly impossible to give you any kind of impression on an invisible object.

It does sound like the theme may be "The Courting Couple."

$(KGrHqV,!k8FF-jBtGQ8BRnsS!6m0Q~~60_35.JPG $T2eC16V,!zoE9s5ne+czBRnsS8R2ow~~60_57.JPG Ardalt Heart Shape ?Boucher 1857? Courting Scene Trinket Jewelry Box Dish Japan | eBay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions