Are All ATPs the Same?

Keep On Diggin

May 13, 2013
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta, Eurotek Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Must be a different model, cosmetics only, as I don't think the electronics would be upgraded without Garrett changing model names.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope all ATP are not the same, the first year had real problems with false or ghost signals, so they had to re-work the electronics, no name change... next thing I know of is the next model had severe problems with the arm cuff breaking, so they came out with a 3rd model that has ribs on the arm cuff for greater strength (this model upgrade was just released this last week or so), again no name change so this is 3 models I know of for sure all with the same name. Sounds like the one you are describing is their latest and greatest with the added ribbing under the arm cuff to prevent breakage. Try to see if you can actually see some ribbing under the arm cuff where your arm would rest, or if it is smooth...

OP
OP
K

Keep On Diggin

May 13, 2013
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta, Eurotek Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Jeff.
I cannot tell from the ad picture for the lessor priced model because it only shows the display screen. I have emailed the seller this ? to see if they know.
UPDATE: They are identical. The description of that feature just got left off.

Last edited:

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope all ATP are not the same, the first year had real problems with false or ghost signals, so they had to re-work the electronics, no name change... next thing I know of is the next model had severe problems with the arm cuff breaking, so they came out with a 3rd model that has ribs on the arm cuff for greater strength (this model upgrade was just released this last week or so), again no name change so this is 3 models I know of for sure all with the same name. Sounds like the one you are describing is their latest and greatest with the added ribbing under the arm cuff to prevent breakage. Try to see if you can actually see some ribbing under the arm cuff where your arm would rest, or if it is smooth...

Sorry Uncle Jeff, I have to call foul. I've had my AT Pro for 4 months and the arm cuff has ribs on the back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread