Are any of these foreign money worth anything

chriseneim

May 5, 2013
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421381705.173020.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421381736.440580.jpg

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Canada bills maybe still worth a bit but you need enough to be worth the cost of exchange

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
This reminds me of a funny story...
a couple of years back a friend in the Army split with his wife, and she took his souvenir money collection. It was a shoe box full of currency he had kept as mementos from various duty stations he had been on.
Being vindictive as you know a spurned gal can be she planed on cashing it all in for usable currency, spent a whole day at an exchange doing just that, took her hours and hours.... all for less than $35 bucks ;)

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't find my book right now, but for the most part, I'd say yes. The Canadian, Scottish, British are probably worth exchange rate at the minimum. The Caribbean note is probably based on the US Dollar. Overall there may be nothing that has a lot of collector value, but as a lot should be worth $10-20 bucks, maybe more if any of it is from a particular series.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Top row second from left is a current Mexican bill for 20 pesos. I have two in my billfold which look exactly the same. Not worth exchanging in most places, but worth about $1.33 if you were here in Mexico with me. With it you can buy a kilo of green beans in the vegetable market. Not sure if that will buy a can of beer or not, since I don't drink. Maybe a couple small bottles of bottled water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread