Are managers usually at their banks on Sundays?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, there is this nice bank around me that is open on Sunday in which the manager told me not to put any large amount of coins in their coin machine anymore... I have a large stockpile of halves on me, and I would like to know if in general, managers are at their banks that are open on Sundays? I want to go there and dump a lot of coin on them when the manager isn't there 8-)

Upvote 0

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The secret is to do go 75 minutes before closing because alot of places close the coin counters down 1 hour before clsoing. Most managers I am aware of show up late and leave early on the weekends. Also dump at grocery stores and get store gift card to pay for food and sundries, that can dump a small amount of it. unfortunately, you may be rerolling coins. HH

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip, I have never rerolled any of my coins, I just don't want to put too many coins through my main dump bank's coin machine.
The secret is to do go 75 minutes before closing because alot of places close the coin counters down 1 hour before clsoing. Most managers I am aware of show up late and leave early on the weekends. Also dump at grocery stores and get store gift card to pay for food and sundries, that can dump a small amount of it. unfortunately, you may be rerolling coins. HH

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe this is a good time to ask to dump bagged coin? You should be good to dump on Sunday, I doubt a gm is gonna be there, or they might rotating weekends.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking about the beast at td. Yes shes there.She was there in the office to the left last time I was there. I dumped $3000. Just bring a pin and pop her.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm actually talking about a different bank that is like an hour away closer to home for me. I have not been to the beast's bank, they got all new tellers and only 2 people stayed, and of course, the beast stayed.
Are you talking about the beast at td. Yes shes there.She was there in the office to the left last time I was there. I dumped $3000. Just bring a pin and pop her.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how much were you dumping before they asked you to stop?

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe this is a good time to ask to dump bagged coin? You should be good to dump on Sunday, I doubt a gm is gonna be there, or they might rotating weekends.

I've brought this up at difficult dump banks only to be told that they would still have to run it through their machine so they weren't interested. I think you have a better chance to use bags at banks without coin counters. But I agree, dumping bagged coin is the way to go if at all possible.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The manager wasn't in so I dumped 1k in halves I was dumping $1000-$1500 a week there. All halves.

BoredBankTeller

Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so glad I don't work at a bank any longer. If someone asks you not to do something is it really that hard to not do it? Or take it somewhere else?

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm so glad I don't work at a bank any longer. If someone asks you not to do something is it really that hard to not do it? Or take it somewhere else?

One thing that bothers me here is that the manager could have been specific about what constitutes a large amount. OP may have felt like 1k isn't that large an amount. One of my dump banks has limited me to $200 per week for no fee dumping which sucks but it's crystal clear where I stand with them and what is acceptable. They just get nickels and cents now.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
A CU that I dump at is real finicky regarding amounts. Their vault is about the size of a medium refridgerator.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you don't either, because i would hate to run into a teller with the mindset like you... all of my tellers are super nice, every teller in this specific branch re really nice, I am very nice.. it's just the manager that is rude. I will continue to dump there until something further happens. If you don't have something nice to say, don't comment on my posts.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, a note on this coin counter: This is the type that requires NO bag change, all the coins fall into a coin bin at the bottom. I once dumped $2,000 in halves there and that thing gobbled up the halves in less than 10 minutes. This bank has the best coin machine I have ever used.. too bad there are only 2 in my area, and the one bank doesn't have a problem with me dumping $1k in it, as I only visit once a month there.
I only filled the machine once, on a smaller dump of like $750 in halves.

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmmm.... let me see if I understand this thread correctly.
OP: I've been asked not to do something by a certain bank manager. Screw that, I'm going to do it anyway. I'm a rebel...!

Respondant: Can't you just follow what the manager said...?

OP: Your mindset is wack! My mindset is just fine! I'm a rebel...! Warning: People that don't agree with me should not respond... It's upsetting....!

Did I interpret that correctly? Hard to tell; haven't had my coffee yet. Maybe you can get a firm dollar amount of halves that are ok to dump. Until then, continue large dumps there at your peril. Aren't there posts after posts about why CRH'ers should play by individual bank rules (however silly) so the game isn't ruined for others? Can't wait to read some possible follow up posts: "Coin machine removed - BUT WHY...?" or, "Bank now charging fees to use coin machines: Rude bank manager responsible...!"

Being a rebel is cool and all. "I'm kinda gangster too..." If someone calls you on it, embrace it...! Sorry to upset you. HH...!

Last edited:
OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm.... let me see if I understand this thread correctly.
OP: I've been asked not to do something by a certain bank manager. Screw that, I'm going to do it anyway. I'm a rebel...!

Respondant: Can't you just follow what the manager said...?

OP: Your mindset is wack! My mindset is just fine! I'm a rebel...! Warning: People that don't agree with me should not respond... It's upsetting....!

Did I interpret that correctly? Hard to tell; haven't had my coffee yet. Maybe you can get a firm dollar amount of halves that are ok to dump. Until then, continue large dumps there at your peril. Aren't there posts after posts about why CRH'ers should play by individual bank rules (however silly) so the game isn't ruined for others? Can't wait to read some possible follow up posts: "Coin machine removed - BUT WHY...?" or, "Bank now charging fees to use coin machines: Rude bank manager responsible...!"

Being a rebel is cool and all. "I'm kinda gangster too..." If someone calls you on it, embrace it...! Sorry to upset you. HH...!

Nobody was upset, but you did interpret this thread incorrectly due to my grammar. I only have a $50 savings account at this bank and there are only two in my area, so I guess i Can be a rebel. I took the respondents answer to be a bit rude, but that's my opinion. . Sorry if I upset anybody. Ill probably only dump on this bank $1k once a month anyway.

BoredBankTeller

Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buff, I didn't mean to sound rude, I apologize if I offended you. The thing about our hobby is that we generally we add little value to a bank's operation and I feel that in general most of us (myself included) are not appreciative enough of the banks that do facilitate our hobby. It seems to be a prevalent mentality on here that any bank that doesn't bend over backwards to accommodate us is simply providing terrible customer service, but I don't think that's the case.

Imagine for a moment that you ran your own business and that there were certain customers that frequented it and rather than utilizing the services you were trying to offer they just incurred additional expenses for you with no intention of giving you any business. If I were the business owner in that sense I would not be too pleased.

Regarding my days as a teller, I was actually the friendliest teller, particularly when it came to helping members who were hunters/coin collectors. I had one member in particular, who was in his 70s, who would come in a few times a week. Every other teller at my branch (there were 6 of us working at a time) would be annoyed when he would come in to dump his pennies and nickels, but I would always be happy to talk to him. We eventually were on such good terms that when I moved to a different branch 15 minutes farther away from where he lived he would make the trip there to see me rather than go to the branch down the road from his house. Eventually he'd bring me war nicks and other cool coins and would give them to me. Talking to CRH'ers was my favorite part of my job, hands down. Their talking to me and taking the time to explain what they were doing is what sparked my interest in this hobby. When one of them brought in $9400 in halves to dump at our bank I could also understand our manager's frustration. There's two sides to every coin and you should appreciate that, regardless of which side of the teller counter you stand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread