Are older Garrett PI underwater MD battery packs available?

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A freind just bought a well used Garrett underwater metal detector from a retired treasure salvage guy. The battery is shot. Do they make replacements for the older Garrett UW MDs? I will get back to which exact model he has. I think it is mid 1980s.

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Go to any Batteries Plus store.

You can remove the old battery pack and have them make up a new one that will have a high amp/hr rating.

Very Cheap! Just need to be able to solder the wires back in place. Let me know if you need any pics. I have three of these units.

silysavg

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2011
Greensburg / Mt. Pleasant, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i, Garrett Masterhunter Ads III, AH Electronics Backpackers I & II for scouting purposes
stevemc said:
A freind just bought a well used Garrett underwater metal detector from a retired treasure salvage guy. The battery is shot. Do they make replacements for the older Garrett UW MDs? I will get back to which exact model he has. I think it is mid 1980s.

Steve,

They sure do :icon_thumleft:.
I just sent my XL500 Sea Hunter back to Garrett Monday. I bought it in 1982.
According to the Garrett fellow I talked with ( Brad Keel - Ph: 972-494-6151 / 1-800-527-4011 ) they are putting in NiMh battery packs now. I sent mine in to have the battery pack replaced and to have the seals replaced as well to keep it depth certified.

The battery pack is $49.99. If you do your own replacement you just need to pay the S & H.
It will be about $100.00 for Garrett to do their thing with the one I sent in for them to do it and to return it.

By-the-way, the same charger that was used with the former NiCad batteries will work with the NiMh.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread