Are the beaches still sanded in Daytona area??

masterofdisaster

Jan 24, 2012
Ionia,michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well time is dragging by...finally on the 24th our vacation to florida will begin..should be detecting on the 26th..a month ago i asked about the beaches on here and everyone pretty said the same thing, To much sand...hopefully things have changed around a bit...hoping for my first gold....beach gold at that..any info would be appreciated..it will be quite a drive to the beaches everyday, due to staying at a condo in kissimmee..(but it was a gift from my sister) and am grateful for it.. thanks for any info...Brian

Upvote 0

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they are. While your not going to find many, if any, old golden goodies, you can still scrape together the fresh drops which are replenishing daily.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sand is so hard packed from the cars driving on the beach that anything that drops sits on the ground. I have found very little in DB the couple of times i have been there. just my opinion.

OP
OP
masterofdisaster

masterofdisaster

Jan 24, 2012
Ionia,michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya thats the way i roll (no luck) arrive at the worst possible times..such is life..but it will still be nice to get down there detecting, and putting the at pro thru its paces..one gold is my goal..and i will find that if i have to bury my wedding ring down 6 inches and detect it up..good thing the wife doesnt read this post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread