Are the Treasure Coast beaches still piled high with trucked in sand?

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Last time I was over, the beaches were renourished -again, and real high. Are they still like that? I am going over the weekend of Jan 19th through 22nd. Might do some detecting if its worn down. Steve.

mnm

May 17, 2006
Of course , it ain't going nowwhere , even w/ a storm IMO . May pull it out some but w/ the tides- will end right back up on it or only make it out to the first break and cover everything up more , : ( ....

OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Is that from local knowledge?, because around here, it can all be removed in a weekend of storms. Anyone from over there know? Steve.

mnm

May 17, 2006
I only go out maybe 3 or 4 times a month , and everytime it sucks .

mnm

May 17, 2006
Guess that isn't what you wanted to hear though , but ask around . Maybe just me - a local and all !!!

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the crap they put on the beach that is within the normal tidal range has been replaced by mother nature. However, the same can not be said for the top of the beach near the dunes.

OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
mnm, dont take it so hard, I didnt know you were from there. I thought you were just saying it couldnt go anywhere. I get that all the time here, and the sand will be gone after a hurricane or even a good storm. It (unfortunately) wont leave over there! I am planning a R & R trip in 2 weeks, and was hoping it was back the way it was. Oh well, hopefully it will get that way soon. Are the motels opened up yet in Indiatlantic, and other places? Steve.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most all hotels and motels are back in business with the exception of the Ramada Inn, in Satellite Beach. That hotel was totally destroyed, and is now a vacant lot.

mnm

May 17, 2006
I know maybe I am just mad in general , maybe not but just disappointed that I have never had any luck. If you come over Steve I hope they open up for you and you find some loot. It seems the beaches have alot of sand to me , I haven't seen the cuts you guys talk about yet except at Playalinda and you know the rules there , : (. Best of Luck !!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread