Are there any female pirates like myself?

Southern4shur

Apr 28, 2012
West Tn
Detector(s) used
Kellyco
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for a female who loves treasure hunting as much as I do! I have tons of places I hunt along the river and old homesteads. I hunt arrowheads and all other artifacts,even dig old privys for bottles. My hubby works most of the time so I usually have to go alone with my dog and my pistol but would love to find a good friend who enjoys hunting and digging as much as I do. I don't think my hubby would be to comfortable with me going hunting with another man!!!!! Not so sure I would either. I hunt all over west tn from Savannah, Saltillo, Bath Springs, Lexington, Medon, Pinson, Jacks Creek, to Jackson.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Aye wench! & why ye be wantin to know? wish we were closer, I'd be helpin ya claim the treasure.

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With you carrying a pistol and having a dog dont know if many people would be comfortable hunting with you. LOL just a joke. Find a group to hunt with then get the husband out.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
there are many of us on here. wish I was closer! I'd love to have a female hunting buddy.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a man and I had a female hunting buddy once. We were great friends, partnered an antique store together, but she always found all the cool stuff. Turned over a damm piece of iron in a broken down old shack and underneath was a plastic bag filled with unopened Barbie clothes that she sold to a collector in California for several thousand dollars. I still hate her...

OP
OP
S

Southern4shur

Apr 28, 2012
West Tn
Detector(s) used
Kellyco
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bluehunter1973 said:
With you carrying a pistol and having a dog dont know if many people would be comfortable hunting with you. LOL just a joke. Find a group to hunt with then get the husband out.

Lol. Where I'm from every woman needs a gun at least. There's been a lot of women come up missing. I wish every sane woman would get their permits. I can't imagine going alone into the woods or to the river hunting all day with no protection anymore. I wish I could find Someone. I made it to my first archeology meeting in Jackson Tn. Monday night! My hubby went with me thank God cause I was the only female hunter there.

OP
OP
S

Southern4shur

Apr 28, 2012
West Tn
Detector(s) used
Kellyco
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
austin said:
I am a man and I had a female hunting buddy once. We were great friends, partnered an antique store together, but she always found all the cool stuff. Turned over a damm piece of iron in a broken down old shack and underneath was a plastic bag filled with unopened Barbie clothes that she sold to a collector in California for several thousand dollars. I still hate her...

Lol. It all depends on who the person would be I guess. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable if it was a guy as long as he was a really really old man or a kid or gay lol. I try to put myself in my hubby shoes and I know if my old man was goin to the river or in the woods with a chic all the time then I'd be feeling all crazy about it too. And knowin me Id act up on both of them and make a fool of myself. Lol. Plus, I'd hate for it to cause problems in other people's relationship too. Just wish more females out there didn't mind gettin dirty and loved the thrill of the hunt like I do.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet! I, too, wish we lived closer. Would love a female buddy. I do 99.9% of my hunting with my husband. I don't like to go out alone. As said before, try to find a group and become active in it. Group hunts are fun, but going with a partner is fun, too.

Check out our group: The Women of TNet. We would love to have you join us there! (Under "Community" at the top of each TNet page).

HH (happy hunting),
Anita

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol. It all depends on who the person would be I guess. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable if it was a guy as long as he was a really really old man or a kid or gay lol. I try to put myself in my hubby shoes and I know if my old man was goin to the river or in the woods with a chic all the time then I'd be feeling all crazy about it too. And knowin me Id act up on both of them and make a fool of myself. Lol. Plus, I'd hate for it to cause problems in other people's relationship too. Just wish more females out there didn't mind gettin dirty and loved the thrill of the hunt like I do.

Think you took this wrong. I meant I would NEVER hunt with a woman again for any reason.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would. My best hunting partner was a girl. She was good and made me slow down and man did we find some very cool artifacts. She ended up with some great frames. I understand about the hubby I would feel uncomfortable as well. Maybe you can introduce a friend to the hobby?

motherjunker

Oct 1, 2012
Nashville, TN (from NH)
Detector(s) used
None (yet)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Sumner County, just northeast of Nashville. I'd be interested in finding a female treasure hunting partner too. So far I've just been hunting thrift stores and picking up things on hikes with my family, but I'd be willing to purchase a detector and do some serious hunting. (My dad had one. I guess it's genetic!) I don't feel safe going alone. I have 2 well-behaved elementary age boys who enjoy hiking and treasure hunting as well. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
S

Southern4shur

Apr 28, 2012
West Tn
Detector(s) used
Kellyco
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you lived closer! I dont always like huntin alone either ! Hope you find a partner too!

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to get my fiance out and into the hobby. She has went with me a few times but doesn't like to get dirty...lol She don't mind swinging the detector though! It would help probably if we had another couple to go out with and hunt....for her sake anyways. For me, I'm just happy as hell to get out any chance I get and hunt!
Hope you find someone to tag along with you!

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww shucks, I'm the same way. I sure wish we lived closer I would absolutely love a treasure hunting partner!!! ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread