IMG_1192.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,860
Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is absolutely no indication that these rocks are anything other than jasper.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have also met Buzz Aldrin. If those are indeed big ol nuggets why would you melt them into bars?

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dude posted this to start a fight. He's obviously a little "special" if you know what I mean? 🙃 Now lets all let him believe his petrified moose boogers are gold rocks and let him carry on licking the windows! What a freakin moron!!!!

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all , I don't know where you get 1998 and moon landings. I said No man has ever stepped foot on the moon, not certainly not in 1969. Even with all the technology of today, man can't go to the moon, correction, today they could send man there, but he would come back DEAD. The radiation levels are beyond anything man can endure. You would have a better chance walking into reactor 1 at Fukushima melted down reactor, and walking out, than you would surviving a trip to the moon. ANY PRESENT DAY ASTRONAUNT WILL CONFIRM THIS. So would 10 minutes research . So before you are so quick to jump to conclusions, go research the topic. And I don't mean research on CNN...

....Some people's children....

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
im not trying to degrade one gender or another, but i could tell by the name and her first post shockashawn is female. nice pants, and a hunk of jasper and some sort of fossil? sedimentary rock? with an attitude reminiscent of the girl who wanted to know where to buy the magnet that picks up gold, or the metal detector that picks up only gold.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
im not trying to degrade one gender or another, but i could tell by the name and her first post shockashawn is female. nice pants, and a hunk of jasper and some sort of fossil? sedimentary rock? with an attitude reminiscent of the girl who wanted to know where to buy the magnet that picks up gold, or the metal detector that picks up only gold.

Funny, I didn't get that at all. All the space-deniers I've met are old white guys! Betting this one is too. Not that it matters.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
i was just guessing by the name and the language used for insults. female and not american. not that it matters at all, just my first impression. i have heard it all from my generation, even try to explain to me the earth is flat, and cell towers are actually em jammers that will stop all motors....dont mention chem trails, there actually might be some truth to that, but hard to believe anything that comes out of a persons mouth that thinks the earth is flat

Dirthogg

Nov 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Duh you guys,obviously solid gold moon nuggets.Can't believe how these rare specimens truly are.:BangHead:

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magnets that pick up gold....off to the bat cave.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been a highly entertaining thread to read. Seriously, almost went to the pantry to check if we have popcorn. Kudos to all involved, both smart-ass and intelligent responses alike. Please proceed.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude posted this to start a fight. He's obviously a little "special" if you know what I mean?  Now lets all let him believe his petrified moose boogers are gold rocks and let him carry on licking the windows! What a freakin moron!!!!

Might want to read our rules, insulting or mocking another member violates our rules. Please do not repeat.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I can't tell from the pics. if they are the size of a marble or bowling ball. While working at a surface coal mine I once found some gold colored "rocks". Very shinny and heavy. I guess they were pyrite. Didn't think I was rich as the old "if it's too good to be true it usually is" came to mind but I did take a couple of big chunks home. They eventually turned a rust color and are still in my rock garden.
The OP can shut everyone up by showing a copy of the check from the refinery. I wish them well but wouldn't a bowling ball "nugget" be of more value than melt? Good luck.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What an interesting read. Lately i've just been reading posts. Not much to report on my end. Hope the op posts pictures of the magma the refinery creates after the melt.
I would also like to point out, i've never heard of gold rocks before. Only rocks that contain some gold. If its solid gold, its a nugget... or a lump.

KimberlyV

Greenie
Apr 12, 2016
California/Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When we talk about gold we talk about placer, veins, & loads. The size, shape and swirls in your rocks don't indicate any of these formation types. There are also no rock or soil in or on your rock that is normally considered as a normal gold indicator. If you tell me a little more about where the rocks were found, maybe I can help you identify what they are.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions