• DSCN3464-1.jpg
    DSCN3464-1.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 308

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Well, they are from a run of 3.2 m so they are not short run. However, in my experience any consecutive star notes have a premium (as they are usually in pristine condition). I think the fact that they are $100s hurts them though because not too many people collect C-notes. And, if you sell them on eBay, you'll pay 10% of the sales price and the $100s make that a big number.

They're a great find but I wish they were $1s instead of $100s. I checked eBay for comps but couldn't find any recent sales for $100 consecutive stars.

My thought would be that they are not keepers. However, get more opinions. I'm just one guy.

Idea: Email the guy at Tickle my fancy currency. I think his name is Ty. He's a good guy and will tell you if you have value there. He may even buy them.

JasonB

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JasonB said:
Well, they are from a run of 3.2 m so they are not short run. However, in my experience any consecutive star notes have a premium (as they are usually in pristine condition). I think the fact that they are $100s hurts them though because not too many people collect C-notes. And, if you sell them on eBay, you'll pay 10% of the sales price and the $100s make that a big number.

They're a great find but I wish they were $1s instead of $100s. I checked eBay for comps but couldn't find any recent sales for $100 consecutive stars.

My thought would be that they are not keepers. However, get more opinions. I'm just one guy.

Idea: Email the guy at Tickle my fancy currency. I think his name is Ty. He's a good guy and will tell you if you have value there. He may even buy them.

JasonB

The serial numbers are also sequential........In my opinion they are worth lots more than face.

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Right. I saw the sequential serial numbers. The problem is, many people can afford to collect $1 notes but few can afford to collect $100 notes. I've ran into this issue before with $50s. they are hard to sell unless they are short runs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions