OP
OP
M

MDrew706

Jul 23, 2019
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was made by the Creek im pretty sure. I found it in central Southeast region of alabama just a couple acres from Briar Creek. I have two or three like this, just not as clear but still full points. Amazing example of the beauty of mother nature and how the native american people utilize mother natures wonders. Super simple in design and craftmanship at the same time elegant and sophisticated. I wish i knew its true history and what it meant to the Creek people who created this jewel. The location it was found in has a mind blowing amount of artifacts and stones. Stones that are Literally crystal clear, some having internal fractures that reflect a rainbow hue, none of rhw fractures are surface though, oddly. Like they were formed and not caused from any impact. White topaz maybe. Im professional and dont mean to be anything but honest but im positive this location has significant value to anthropology community. I have personally flund over a dozen points, non of which are similar in shape size, color or design. To me that is amazing. Each having unique stories behind them. Was this special to the Creek people? Ceremonial? Or maybe just an ancient bragging right or show of social status. Spiritual meaning or just pretty? I wish i could be accompanied by a seasoned collector. I believe this location has went unsearched since time the field has been in existence which is hundreds of years if im not mistaken, a HUGE tract of land specifically used to hunt and crop. Its located between two creeks, one deep the closest very wide and very shallow. I stumbled upon a section of the closer creek that is so obvious this was the ancient location for the homes of a true and very old Creek community. You can literally almost feel their presence still. Its spooky actually. Its a special place that has been hidden and sheltered from the masses. Its private family owned and operated plantation land, cotton, corn and peanut being the staple crops. In just two weeks, i have filled three sand castle buckets and pouches with scrapers, points, bone knife blades, granite axe heads with vegetation still present on striking edge of the axe. The thing is, ive only walked 30% of the field, if that. I started collecting only two months ago and have found points that veteran collectors have only been able to buy. I also found a perfume bottle dating to 1890s, intact w no cracks, padlock that looks like it came off davey jones' treasure chest, i mean this thing is old, hand forged and just amazing. Its a cotton plantation so slaves were present for quite some time and you can kind of tell time frames of occupation and use by the pieces of ceramic platesand cups, purple glass, blue, just a wide variety of trash from eras long past. I got kind of carried away with this post but this is more than a hobby to me. .this is the voice and story of our ancient ancestors in very intimate forms. Essential to the survival of an entire civilization dating back hundreds if not thousanfs of years. Tools that shaped humans as a society and enabled them to thrive as well as to kill and protect when needed. It is important to me, echoes of our ancestors will to survive. Last held and used by the hands of an american indian. history and fate allow me the privilege of physical contact with the creek indian. Like it was passed to me personally from their hand into mine. Thats awesome to me. The native americans are the true protectors and keepers of this land. By right of birth and choice of God. They deserve to have their history passed on and protected from the ravages of time and tyranny of men, not to be destroyed by modern ways and machines. God forgive us, this land is not rightfully ours to claim or control. We stole it and massacred HUNDREDS OF THOUSAND OF INNOCENT INHABITANTS, MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN. THEIR VOICES NEED TO BE HEARD, THEIR PEOPLE RESPECTED AND THESE FINDS ARE THE TOOLS TO DO THIS. I take collecting very serious and will do everything incan to preserve their story and allowing the world around me a first hand look into a time hundreds of years ago. A personal look into the everyday life of the american idian and my mind is blown by every find, big or small, old or ancient. Its like i get to stand in the shoes of a person gone in time, but forever immortalized in these points. They were created by men with names that had families that literally would die without these tools. ABSOLUTELY amazing stuff.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous and absolutely amazing find.
Looking forward to seeing some of the other finds.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those clear ones a near impossible to find. I know I've never found one.

OP
OP
M

MDrew706

Jul 23, 2019
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the chills when i read your post. Im blown away at the clarity of this piece. I just lost my family, home, my possessions and everything. This field has been a source of self medication, fpr lack of better words. As a matter of fact i had been crying right before i found this and i asked God to please show me a sign that thi gs are going to get better and i looked down, there she was. I took it as im in the clear so i thank God and the Creek Indian that blessed me with this find. I just wish i knew more about this piece

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as what it is, it looks to be an archaic stemmed point. We find this style here in Maryland also, but our quartz is milky white.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful quartz point, I hope to see more of your finds posted! Welcome to Tnet!

Steve

OP
OP
M

MDrew706

Jul 23, 2019
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to say thanks to everyone. Im blessed to have been granted access to this location. Can anyone tell me what this might be 0619190912.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I just want to say thanks to everyone. Im blessed to have been granted access to this location. Can anyone tell me what this might be View attachment 1739673

A small cervid /deer/goat ect. front leg bone?
It's use? L.o.l.. Beats me.
Abrading material along it's length to make cordage?
Working epidermis layer off a small hide? Squirrel or similar...
An unfinished turkey feather fan?
Unfinished knife handle?

Been worked. Congrats.

And your lithic in o.p. is outstanding. Congrats again , but it's not a prize. It's more.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your first item is a really nice find. :icon_thumleft: Here in Montana we find and refer to that type of material as a clear agate. The clear agate was worked into a useful artifact. We also find a milky colored (opalescent) material.

File #1 470.JPG Here is a likeness example.

OP
OP
M

MDrew706

Jul 23, 2019
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im so intrigued by it, not monetary value, just the whole rarity and meaning of it. I absolutely love it. Im blessed to have found it. Were these types special to the Creek? Some keep telling me they are ceremonial, not used for hunting. Im just going to keep digging and reading as much as i can.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was made by the Creek im pretty sure. I found it in central Southeast region of alabama just a couple acres from Briar Creek. I have two or three like this, just not as clear but still full points. Amazing example of the beauty of mother nature and how the native american people utilize mother natures wonders. Super simple in design and craftmanship at the same time elegant and sophisticated. I wish i knew its true history and what it meant to the Creek people who created this jewel. The location it was found in has a mind blowing amount of artifacts and stones. Stones that are Literally crystal clear, some having internal fractures that reflect a rainbow hue, none of rhw fractures are surface though, oddly. Like they were formed and not caused from any impact. White topaz maybe. Im professional and dont mean to be anything but honest but im positive this location has significant value to anthropology community. I have personally flund over a dozen points, non of which are similar in shape size, color or design. To me that is amazing. Each having unique stories behind them. Was this special to the Creek people? Ceremonial? Or maybe just an ancient bragging right or show of social status. Spiritual meaning or just pretty? I wish i could be accompanied by a seasoned collector. I believe this location has went unsearched since time the field has been in existence which is hundreds of years if im not mistaken, a HUGE tract of land specifically used to hunt and crop. Its located between two creeks, one deep the closest very wide and very shallow. I stumbled upon a section of the closer creek that is so obvious this was the ancient location for the homes of a true and very old Creek community. You can literally almost feel their presence still. Its spooky actually. Its a special place that has been hidden and sheltered from the masses. Its private family owned and operated plantation land, cotton, corn and peanut being the staple crops. In just two weeks, i have filled three sand castle buckets and pouches with scrapers, points, bone knife blades, granite axe heads with vegetation still present on striking edge of the axe. The thing is, ive only walked 30% of the field, if that. I started collecting only two months ago and have found points that veteran collectors have only been able to buy. I also found a perfume bottle dating to 1890s, intact w no cracks, padlock that looks like it came off davey jones' treasure chest, i mean this thing is old, hand forged and just amazing. Its a cotton plantation so slaves were present for quite some time and you can kind of tell time frames of occupation and use by the pieces of ceramic platesand cups, purple glass, blue, just a wide variety of trash from eras long past. I got kind of carried away with this post but this is more than a hobby to me. .this is the voice and story of our ancient ancestors in very intimate forms. Essential to the survival of an entire civilization dating back hundreds if not thousanfs of years. Tools that shaped humans as a society and enabled them to thrive as well as to kill and protect when needed. It is important to me, echoes of our ancestors will to survive. Last held and used by the hands of an american indian. history and fate allow me the privilege of physical contact with the creek indian. Like it was passed to me personally from their hand into mine. Thats awesome to me. The native americans are the true protectors and keepers of this land. By right of birth and choice of God. They deserve to have their history passed on and protected from the ravages of time and tyranny of men, not to be destroyed by modern ways and machines. God forgive us, this land is not rightfully ours to claim or control. We stole it and massacred HUNDREDS OF THOUSAND OF INNOCENT INHABITANTS, MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN. THEIR VOICES NEED TO BE HEARD, THEIR PEOPLE RESPECTED AND THESE FINDS ARE THE TOOLS TO DO THIS. I take collecting very serious and will do everything incan to preserve their story and allowing the world around me a first hand look into a time hundreds of years ago. A personal look into the everyday life of the american idian and my mind is blown by every find, big or small, old or ancient. Its like i get to stand in the shoes of a person gone in time, but forever immortalized in these points. They were created by men with names that had families that literally would die without these tools. ABSOLUTELY amazing stuff.

By all means please post some more of your finds and I'd suggest bringing a metal detector with you next time your out there hunting. Good luck!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
If you had found that in Oregon, I'd call it a ceremonial point: used only in ceremonies. I don't think it is agate. More like opal or clear obsidian (very rare).

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the chills when i read your post. Im blown away at the clarity of this piece. I just lost my family, home, my possessions and everything. This field has been a source of self medication, fpr lack of better words. As a matter of fact i had been crying right before i found this and i asked God to please show me a sign that thi gs are going to get better and i looked down, there she was. I took it as im in the clear so i thank God and the Creek Indian that blessed me with this find. I just wish i knew more about this piece

You have been blessed with a very special hunting spot, MDrew706. With time and patience you will learn more...

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the point. It is a really special piece. The reference to massacred hundreds of thousands is not correct and greatly exaggerated. Most native tribes were warlike by nature and Native Americans killed more Native Americans than any other race or group. I doubt that the population of native Americans was ever in the “hundreds of thousands” range.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sawyer you might want to do some research before espousing your belief. Europeans brought attitudes and diseases that killed Native Americans by the 10s of thousands every decade after colonization.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_history_of_indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas

KeyaPaha, Why do you assume he needs to do some research? Maybe he's done a lot of research and doesn't consider wikipedia THE source of all historic accounts? Do you believe wikipedia to be the absolute truth?

For the record....I'm not saying your wrong. I just feel you're jumping to conclusions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread