All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MM, are you drunk posting again? LMAO! :laughing7:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only a detector pro pistol pro pin pointer which is a pulse inducted pin pointer will go deeper than most low budget detector that aren't from white's I'm waiting for tesoro to make a pin pointer that goes down 4 to 5 inches on a watch battery....

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously? Don't you think that if manufacturers were capable of making detectors deeper than those available today, they wouldn't do it? Seems like there would be a whole lot of buyers, and a whole lot of profits. Why would they conspire to limit depth on a machine? As to pinpointers, a few inches is good. There is only one I know of that claims six inches, and maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. I personally don't care, my Propointer does the job.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when you can use a pin-pointer to find coins 4to6 inches down there lest suspicion on what your doing

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ummmm...why would anyone need more than a couple inches?my pro pointer is a super valuable tool....but I dont go hunting with it,I use my machine for that.Its only purpose is to speed recovery in a hole I've already dug.The scientific term"duh"comes to mind here.

CleenSweep

Feb 27, 2013
Middlesex County, MA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I'd rather have more accuracy...better discrimination, better pinpointing and balls on onscreen analytics from a detector, than more depth. These bennies would TELL me whether the target was viable, its exact metallurgical composition and depth and therefore negate a hell of a lot of wasted time diggin.....My V3I has rang true to about a foot and a half so far...pull tab range, and it was a weird looking squared off pull tab I've never seen b4. ~Two feet+ with a clean signal would be perfect IMHO. you can get that now on a well adjusted good machine....right? I really don't want to spend my day digging and reburying virtual mine shafts for clad quarters or iron nails....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A pinpointer that goes further than 2" isn't pinpointing. That is just additional detecting. :tongue3:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A pinpointer with too large of a detection field would be worthless for...well...pinpointing.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
A pinpointer that goes further than 2" isn't pinpointing. That is just additional detecting. :tongue3:

Well, I hate to say it, but I actually agree with Charlie on this one. If the pinpointer detects to far out, you will never find the target because it will react anywhere in the hole. Most pinpointers, no matter what you pay for them, will pick up a dime at 1/2" and that is good. There are a few that are actually miniature detectors and will reach out further. The Falcon comes to mine. Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I hate to say it, but I actually agree with Charlie on this one. If the pinpointer detects to far out, you will never find the target because it will react anywhere in the hole. Most pinpointers, no matter what you pay for them, will pick up a dime at 1/2" and that is good. There are a few that are actually miniature detectors and will reach out further. The Falcon comes to mine. Frank...

View attachment 768231

Thats why the garret pro pointer is nice because it has a proximity sensor you know if its far or close ...and when it comes to old coins i love knowing when to dig gingerly

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After using a deeper machine I could never go back to a two-incher. If it doesn't tell you where the target is, it's not a pinpointer.........it's a paperweight.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i have used the .. Detector Pro.. Pistol Probe ... And found items with it i would have never found with any other pin pointer...... After i dug down about 10 inches the detector would not sound off to deep for it.... My Garrett pro pointer would not sound off on it....... But Detector pro"s ..Pistol Probe .... gave me another 5 inches give or take and dam there was the coin........It gave me the extra depth i needed...

EMF

Dec 3, 2012
Corbin, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, Tesoro Compadre 5.75" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then just tape your pointer to a stick and sell your detector. Profit. :p

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread