spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you are opening links perhaps in other posters comments :laughing7: I haven't even seen anything remotely close to what your talking about. :icon_scratch:

Then again, if it's a pop-up, you can resolve that issue too.. Just use Mozilla Firefox :thumbsup:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Chukers, No problem here. Who is your internet provider? Frank

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
hasn't happened to me here yet. it's likely you have spyware, first sympton is usually slower system performance, and web sites being hijacked and redirected to 'other' unwanted sites like ones selling stuff, and bad sites you can't talk about here...

- also that suggestion about using firefox stopping pop-ups is a good call. I use it- just keep it updated...

if you have time go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/combofix - small application- just expect it to run about an hour...
this is a dos-like application that will update your pc, scan it and remove most (if not almost all!!) spyware and junk/scumware. it even gets the hard ones removed with out formatting and reloading your pc.

best way I've used it- download the software to your PC, restart your PC -press F8 -choose safe mode with networking and run the application. if your are connected on a RJ54 cable you should be in good shape, if you have wireless it might not update due to no internet in safe mode. running the application it should update, take a while to run, and end up with a notepad msg saying it removed what ever it found. (usually a lot of junk).
you should notice a good difference in the computer web surfing.

hope that helps some if you decide to check it out.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if this is happening without you clicking anything,
it's most likley at your end.

I Just got redirected to Newengland Detectors
a Few Minutes ago, But My fault, I accidently
clicked the Banner above when My screen Jumped
and the banner popped in front of my arrow last
second :D

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I visit this site... and I click on Unread Replies it happens... not ever time but just a few... now I did have a bout with some spyware but I got it off... my scanners say there is no more but I know that don't mean its true... it is only happening on this site... Thank for your input.

Chukers

I'll post the links to the places its sending me if it happens again.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better yet... Just send it to Jeff, no need for others to see your junk mail :tongue3: :laughing7:

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well after replying to your thread it now has listed me in the chat room for some reason. I think it said I was a charter member for a second.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Better yet... Just send it to Jeff, no need for others to see your junk mail :tongue3: :laughing7:

& You think I Want to ? :D

Whatever works :wink: it's all good :laughing7:

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't worry I know how to control it... I was just curious if anyone else was having this issue on this site.

Chukers

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok it happened...

I clicked on a post called penrose hot pickled saugage and that page was fine then I clicked on the post called "best two box" and everything was still find then I clicked on the link in the post called www.detection.com/Deep/howdeep.html and it took me to the site below... note the text... that it says I am searching for... so I am assuming that its a cookie thing... going to go clear them out see if that helps. but its funny only happens on this site.

Chukers

Attachments

• site.JPG
    site.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 464

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ain't skeered. I clicked the link and got what you see below. Chukers - You might have a bug.

Attachments

• for chukers.PNG
    for chukers.PNG
    15.4 KB · Views: 602
OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast said:
I ain't skeered. I clicked the link and got what you see below. Chukers - You might have a bug.

here is another twist... I clicked it a second time and it was fine and went to the two box page...

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you use a metal detector for that sausage :laughing7: lol wow maybe they will add that forum here love to see some of those threads. Spart I think that would be a new play ground lol

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
bluehunter1973, I think I'd be banned even before I signed up :laughing9:

You don't want to put Spartacus on a Sausage hunters forums, no matter how innocent it might be....still sounds like an alternative lifestyle club. I don't think Sparta can grasp politically correct he might not "appeal" to the people there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread