Are you done with detecting for the year of 2014 ?

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sat/Sunday I detect or prospect for gold. Only found one little piece in the last 3 weekends though :(

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just getting started. Was out last week, with really nothing to show for it but looking to go some more between now and the first of the year.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While the weather is perfect down here in Ft. Myers, my # of hunts seems to be winding down for the year...My free time will be thin as the holidays approach, tired from work, my side job getting hectic, and watching the Patriots wreak havoc throughout the NFL... but when I do get out, I will be thinking of you up north guys, hoping for a warm weekend for you all winter.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
While the weather is perfect down here in Ft. Myers, my # of hunts seems to be winding down for the year...My free time will be thin as the holidays approach, tired from work, my side job getting hectic, and watching the Patriots wreak havoc throughout the NFL... but when I do get out, I will be thinking of you up north guys, hoping for a warm weekend for you all winter.

Everything was cool until u said patriots. Go phins

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the pats will lose the next game !!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never quit....even when things are rock frozen....this is required research time so for me the hunt never ends.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Normally I would go digging on Sundays during the cold months during hunting season. Not this year though they've opened up hunting season on Sundays here in Spotsylvania Va.

Thats more risk than most of us would be willing to take !

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What about weekends? You have to make time....

Its hardly possible to make time when someone requires 24/7 care. Used to get help occasionally but things change for people so thats out of the question now.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
In the eighties here for the next week! So things aren't cooling off too fast here in SoCal!
Looks like we might be able to hunt until the end of the year!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not done detecting either.....just done finding anything worthwhile, lol.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not done detecting either.....just done finding anything worthwhile, lol.

Hi Old Dude , I know what you mean it seems that way at times to me also! I posted my weird finds today in the What is it. Seems they might be interesting things after all !!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still having nice days here in New Mexico. Can hunt all year round here. Never stays cold enough to freeze and stay frozen.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being retired for me here in florida.Unless its a severe thunderstrom.I can hunt when i want year round.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never quit....even when things are rock frozen....this is required research time so for me the hunt never ends.

Second this. Once things freeze over, then its time for me to work on permissions for the following spring, search old maps/archives and get in a little CRH just to keep the blood flowing :)

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NeVeRRRRRR.Hunting seasons the biggest in the way for me this time of year,I use to have sundays with no worries of messing up someone's hunting, but that all changed.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Chesapeake Bay Maryland, If it gets up around 40 degrees and the water temp is around 35...I am out the door. And that is if the winds are not to bad...Ice I don't take a chance. The good things about winter in the Bay is the water is clear and the waves are gone most of the time...and the tides are super low. I'll go out to waist deep most of the time with no issues. Last year I could do 4 hours easy in 35.7 degree water...I may average one or two days a week from Jan to March 1st. Just enough to keep me satisfied till warmer weather. And I have to wear a boot foot drysuit with dry gloves with full quilted under ware, neoprene sox's and some times a neoprene hood. Takes me about 15 minutes to get dressed....

OBN0339.jpg

RAINMAKER63

Nov 18, 2013
Brainerd MN
Detector(s) used
TEKnetics 8000 Coin Computer(no its not an Omega) and Garrett Pro Pointer, AT Pro, Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7" of snow and supposed to hit below 0 this week, I guess you could say I'm done for awhile. :unhappysmiley:

cjrjr507

Sep 24, 2006
Libby, Mt.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Northwest Montana, arctic blast hit, ground is frozen over with some snow but not much but more on the way maybe by thursday and friday. Nuts !!! And truck is on the fritz, clutch went out. Being worked on. Double nuts. If it ain't one thing it's another. And sounds like more arctic blasts coming. Not a good way to start the winter. And winter is not for 6 more weeks. hmmm

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread