Are you freaking kidding me!??!?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does eBay let this go through? I just helped a friend set up an account and it was the biggest pain in the butt ever. A brand-new account all the ropes and whistles and bells and walls you have to jump over to set up a new account was awful. After doing all that with him for the first time since 2008 or 2006 when I first started... Then I get this!!! someone who bids on one of my things. The auction went for $350.

You have got to be kidding me!!! I don't know but this is absolute horse crap....

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471747590.078110.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471747618.178039.jpg

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you call the number?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if they give me an address and i change it I won't be protected under seller protection.

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cancel the bid. Or make the buyer pay for and sign for the item, get insurance. But if it was me, I would cancel the bid and live with a Neg Feedback. Or call eBay customer service and explain to them your concerns and get it on record.
How does eBay let this go through? I just helped a friend set up an account and it was the biggest pain in the butt ever. A brand-new account all the ropes and whistles and bells and walls you have to jump over to set up a new account was awful. After doing all that with him for the first time since 2008 or 2006 when I first started... Then I get this!!! someone who bids on one of my things. The auction went for $350.

You have got to be kidding me!!! I don't know but this is absolute horse crap....

View attachment 1349877
View attachment 1349878

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they haven't paid yet, why sweat it? If the address doesn't show after they've paid, THEN call ebay.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The address would show regardless if they paid or not. I'd try to communicate with them first. Have them edit their address and pay for it, if they actually want the item. If they don't, then you have that on record too. Afterwards, you can cancel the bid using the option/reason of... "The buyer asked to cancel the order, or there's an issue with the buyer's address"
Had to go through the same thing earlier today. Doesn't count against you.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The address would show regardless if they paid or not. I'd try to communicate with them first. Have them edit their address and pay for it, if they actually want the item. If they don't, then you have that on record too. Afterwards, you can cancel the bid using the option/reason of... "The buyer asked to cancel the order, or there's an issue with the buyer's address"
Had to go through the same thing earlier today. Doesn't count against you.

I had to use that reason a couple of days ago. Someone from Canada bought something even though I had it set to no international shipping. I wouldn't mind shipping, but the cost was prohibitive and the buyer had no clue.

I agree that the address should show, but it isn't like there aren't ebay glitches.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know I just find it a little bit too ironic that they have zero feedback. I just became a customer last week and they have no address. I instantly put into cancel after the item ended. And I'll wait and see what happens if they pay then I'll take it from there but experience has it zero feedback people usually don't pay. I'm more bummed over the fact that it's another week wasted.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure why you are so worked up over this?

As I always say, you have to take the good with the bad if you are going to be in ANY business.

Either cancel the transaction or file a non paying bidder and move on.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why you are so worked up over this?

As I always say, you have to take the good with the bad if you are going to be in ANY business.

Either cancel the transaction or file a non paying bidder and move on.

I don't know I'm over it but I would like to have the $350 that the guy before him bid on and this scumbag knocked him out of contention of buying it. Just a waste of time for some guy that wants to be a jerk. I just don't understand how people have time to do things in life that are just utterly wasteful. Open a brand-new account just so you can go bid on stuff and not pay for it. Just frustrating.

I had another one put an offer on something for $400 and I accepted the offer. Then his shipping address is in Russia even though when you click on it to open up the site it says in the United States but as soon as it goes through then the shipping address is not in the United States. So there's another cancellation. $750 to not get back to me stinks.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know I'm over it but I would like to have the $350 that the guy before him bid on and this scumbag knocked him out of contention of buying it. Just a waste of time for some guy that wants to be a jerk. I just don't understand how people have time to do things in life that are just utterly wasteful. Open a brand-new account just so you can go bid on stuff and not pay for it. Just frustrating.

I had another one put an offer on something for $400 and I accepted the offer. Then his shipping address is in Russia even though when you click on it to open up the site it says in the United States but as soon as it goes through then the shipping address is not in the United States. So there's another cancellation. $750 to not get back to me stinks.

If they weren't serious buyers/real bids in the first place, then you never actually made the sale, in reality.

Have you played around with your buyer requirement settings to help avoid these kinds of deadbeat buyers?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then his shipping address is in Russia even though when you click on it to open up the site it says in the United States but as soon as it goes through then the shipping address is not in the United States.
So many people lie to get connected to ebay. Like I just pointed out in another post those that use shipping forwarders will claim to be in the US when it is only the forwarder.

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The address will be in the Paypal payment where you print the shipping label.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an email this morning saying that his account was fake and it was removed. The listing is gone the sales gone. I would've like them to have kept the original listing so I can relisted but oh well! adios.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know I'm over it but I would like to have the $350 that the guy before him bid on and this scumbag knocked him out of contention of buying it.
Why didn't you send a "second chance offer" to the next guy in line that was bidding? You can do that you know. Unless something changed since I used that option last.

Also, what do you mean you can't relist because it's gone? It's right here- Vintage 14k Yellow Solid Gold Men's Cuban Chain Necklace 16" 11 7 GR not Scrap | eBay

Looks like you've really stepped it up on the jewelry/ precious metals sales lately, huh? How do you find so much inventory in those categories? I'm lucky to find a single piece a week lately.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread