🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh jeez, if I got a tetanus shot every time I got cut, pricked, pocked, slashed I'd be in the doctors office every other day. But I guess every 10 years can't hurt?

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good reminder. Tetanus shot immunity, like other vaccines, fades with time. Current lit says 20 years with a recommendation of 10 for revaccination, BUT with a booster upon exposure (read Serious exposure, not nicks). Its a killed virus vaccine so a booster is always a good idea if you have any doubt.

And I hope we don't hear from the antivaccine crowd who blame every illness they read about (they read?) on vaccines + would like to see smallpox make a comeback.

BTW, since so many of use are in our golden years, be sure to get that chicken pox/shigella booster after age 50. My dad had shingles and you DO NOT want any part of that virus resurging.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh jeez, if I got a tetanus shot every time I got cut, pricked, pocked, slashed I'd be in the doctors office every other day. But I guess every 10 years can't hurt?
Same here! They'd probably be wanting to put me on a Tetanus vaccine IV drip! Last time I went to the ER, almost took my little toe off. The doc almost popped a pump when I refused the shot. Kid you not he wasn't going to release me!! Luckily I knew the head of security. Called him and had him send a guard & a cop down. Long story short when the doc faced being arrested for kidnap (holding me against my will) he decided I didn't need the shot after all.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thankfully, my doc keeps me on a regular booster schedule. Being diabetic, he tries to keep mine up-to-date. Just what the insurance will cover and I can afford. ChampFerguson/TN noted about the Shingles vaccine, most insurances will not kick in on this until you are at least 60yo. I checked and it runs around $200.00 or more for the shot so i am going to have to put a little back for this and get it added since I am not 60 yet. I do not want to suffer through shingles! As for the Tetanus and booster, keep it up, never know when you get to grab something that may grab and cut back! I wear gloves but no guarantee of safety!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions