Are you stocking up for the long weekend (Banks closed Monday)

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a large supply of CWR dimes at one bank for this weekend. I will be picking them up to give me something to do over this long weekend. The only banks open Monday are Woodforest Nat'l and 1st Convinence Bank and they really never have any real quantities of roll on hand

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a box of Halves also. Looked at it real quick. I have never seen so many enders that look like they have never been in circulation. I am thinking it is not going to be a good box probably full of 1993s or something like that

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You bet. Heading out to get some extra coin right now.
Good Luck!
HH

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well apparently my weekly pickup bank called me and said my order came in earlier then expected, so it is in today instead of next week, so i guess i will have some half dollar boxes to search this weekend. :)

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have 6 boxes for pickup today, possibly more. One of my Friday pickups usually has 8 boxes on hand, I usually grab 4 of them. I think ill see if I can grab them all.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know it ! I got three days off! I got 2 box's of haves waiting at home and I'll probably pick up a bunch of dimes,nickels and pennies for the weekend! It's gonna be a blast!
Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Was off Thursday this week and picked up 3 boxes of halves and 6 boxes of cents (in addition to the other 2 boxes at home). Went through all the CWr's of quarters, dimes and nickels and am leaving ASA I get done the thread to dump and get more CWR's of what ever is available. The CWR's produced one war nickel. So far not a shut out. Hear a lot of complaining on this site that "collectors/searchers" are not finding troves of silver or keepers. I am happy if I just find the one war nickel. It's one more than I had before and it cost me face value. If you think this "hobby" is going to make you a millionaire, the only millions you are going to see are all the coin you go through and dump. Just think about it. The six boxes of cents I picked up have 15,000 coins. To date, I have "saved" 21 $50 bags of copper. How many cents have I had to go through to achieve that amount. I don't want to think about it. As for the halves, I started keeping a running tab in December, 2010. I am just short of going through $92,000 worth. To date, I have found Walking Liberty’s - 8, Franklin’s - 24, 90%Kennedy’s – 128, 90%Commemorative - 2, 40%Kennedy’s – 346, 1970 D Kennedy’s - 4, Proof Kennedy’s – 41, (S) Proof Kennedy’s - 1, 1987 Kennedy – 2, and 1982 P Kennedy (No FG) – 2. Not a large amount but nothing to sneeze at. Banks are open, let me get off the soap box and go get some more coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread