Are You Wearing A Mask Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

l2hunt

Yup I think when hunting at any of the beaches here in florida i'll be wearing a mask. As it is people come up to you and we all draw attention out there so at least with a mask on we will be perceived as doing our part! I know some of you will poo-poo what I'm saying and that's fine, but ya know if it's looked on as a positive for our hobby why not wear one, I just want to hunt and be left alone! HH

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I invented mine already...

Two eye holes and one big hole in bottom pf really large pumpkin...

Its the "mask / costume / helmet".

Just haven't figured out how to keep that damn candle from cooking off eyelashes and eyebrows yet.

:P

Candles are just old school, use some LEDs and a small lithium battery!! Oh, and don't forget to put some Reddi Whip on your shopping list to keep you laughing!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Candles are just old school, use some LEDs and a small lithium battery!! Oh, and don't forget to put some Reddi Whip on your shopping list to keep you laughing!!

Its hard to breath WITH the redi-whip... I throw that part of the can out ...

AFTER this...

So... once my pumpkin helmet is on... I Duct tape neck area air tight...

THEN...

I clog one eye hole with a paper towel... and partially in other eye hole.

AAND THEN...

I keep Redi-Whip can upright with nozzle in half toweled eyehole opening.

so as to only allow the Nitrous Oxide gas to enter and fill up mask.

:P

PS...

IF you are trying this at home and not in a 7-Eleven like I did...

DONT insert pronged nozzle into eyehole too far.

This has an uncomfortable lasting effect.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I (fully masked) were in line (spaced) at the grocery store when someone somewhat near passed gas that would knock your hat off. I asked the fellow in front of us if the virus could be transmitted from that kind of gas. We discussed it for a while (as the fog cleared) and being that most of that air is water particles and we were able to be about knocked out by it, I then came home and tried to contact several doctors to maybe get the answer. I even mailed the old doc on Fox news and asked him but as of yet there has been no answer. I was serious and most everyone took it as a joke. I still do not know. Most felt that it is mainly transmitted by breath and touching something then wiping your eyes or mouth. I can say that a mask does not have much effect on that kind of vapor judging from the overwhelming scent. Maybe we have a person that has the needed training here on the forum to maybe enlighten us.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Mask,distance,and goggles...No thanks,I'll take the risk.

I have seen through observation people do not THINK for themselves,I do.

They do not know that are asleep..

People need to think for themselves.

Strange comments by one who at a glance appears to be so introspective. :icon_scratch:

I believe you are confusing "Thinking for themselves" with "Thinking OF themselves". It has become very apparent that the ones complaining about wearing a mask have no concern for anyone OTHER than themselves and their own inconvenience.

Self Introspection is one thing, Self Obsession is quite another.

"No one can be helped until he understands what he himself has been doing wrong and wants to change."

The only thing that is going to bring this virus under control anytime soon is the realization that it affects EVERYONE, and EVERYONE using ALL AVAILABLE Precautionary Measures.

There is no "I" in "Everyone".

Stay Safe Everyone.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Strange comments by one who at a glance appears to be so introspective. :icon_scratch:

I believe you are confusing "Thinking for themselves" with "Thinking OF themselves". It has become very apparent that the ones complaining about wearing a mask have no concern for anyone OTHER than themselves and their own inconvenience.

Self Introspection is one thing, Self Obsession is quite another.

"No one can be helped until he understands what he himself has been doing wrong and wants to change."

The only thing that is going to bring this virus under control anytime soon is the realization that it affects EVERYONE, and EVERYONE using ALL AVAILABLE Precautionary Measures.

There is no "I" in "Everyone".

Stay Safe Everyone.

Like I said,people need to think for themselves.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife and I (fully masked) were in line (spaced) at the grocery store when someone somewhat near passed gas that would knock your hat off. I asked the fellow in front of us if the virus could be transmitted from that kind of gas. We discussed it for a while (as the fog cleared) and being that most of that air is water particles and we were able to be about knocked out by it, I then came home and tried to contact several doctors to maybe get the answer. I even mailed the old doc on Fox news and asked him but as of yet there has been no answer. I was serious and most everyone took it as a joke. I still do not know. Most felt that it is mainly transmitted by breath and touching something then wiping your eyes or mouth. I can say that a mask does not have much effect on that kind of vapor judging from the overwhelming scent. Maybe we have a person that has the needed training here on the forum to maybe enlighten us.

That's funny you brought this up!

Back in March-April I think it was, scientists were saying to close the lid before you flush after going #2 due to the aero-fumes that toilets put out when flushing starts. I posted about this on that other thread that was locked.

Anyway, then a study by a Dr and a Microbiologist from Australia came out again from back in the early 2000's about how they had someone pass gas towards a Petrie Dish from almost 2" away WITH PANTS ON and then the same guy passed gas WITHOUT PANTS into another Petrie Dish from the same distance.

The With Pants On Petrie Dish experiment was completely fine the next day...The No Pants On Petrie Dish experiment already had Bacteria growing in it.

At that time the conclusion was if folks are wearing underwear and pants, they act as a face mask would... The moisture from the aero gas is trapped in the clothing and it's just a harmless odor you smell.

I Do Not Have First Hand Experience With This Experiment! lol!!

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
ANYONE know when it will safe to NOT wear one??

GOD Bless

Chris

I'd say only GOD knows that answer.

But, I personally believe that if Everyone would get on board with wearing masks, the distancing, sanitizing, Closing the borders to countries that are having infections and stopping this ridiculous rioting and protests during a Pandemic etc. This could be under control and we could get back to a pretty normal life in the USofA by next summer.

Now, we almost have to go back to the way that immigration was handled back in the day through Ellis Island. Tested and Quarantined if needed before entering the general population. Citizens and Visitors. They had 8 hospitals there for that purpose.

I don't live in KC proper, close enough, but I'm throwing a fit everyday to All elected officials and LE there to put a stop to these protests and riots. I believe in the right to protest....Just not when there is a Global Pandemic happening that spreads so easily and fast, and with it having such a long term incubation period in most cases.

I would never want to live in a world where you couldn't think for yourself. This whole Pandemic has become so Political and It Should Not Be. It's MEDICAL. All Americans Should Be More Than Thankful To Be Able To HELP STOP THE SPREAD of a DEADLY and DISABLING VIRUS BY SIMPLY WEARING A MASK. It's So Easy to do, to HELP yourself and others.

I'm Gobsmacked that it's come to this. Yesterday, 85 BABIES under 1yr old were confirmed to have it in Texas. 85 Babies who can't control their environment OR THINK FOR THEMSELVES . Is That Fair? People bringing Babies and Children to Protests, Walmart, Riots, Public Pools, Amusement Parks, Garage Sales etc. Evidently that's what happens when some people think for themselves.

There are just some people who have either No Sense or Just Do Not Care About Others. It should embarrass Everyone that we are #1 in this Pandemic and have been for a long time and are BANNED from other countries that even some impoverished nations are allowed into. That's Crazy but True. I was told my USA Passport was the Best In The World. It Isn't. Wouldn't even get me into Mexico. Really??

I Do Not Like Wearing a Mask, I Hate That My Mother @89yrs old Cannot live out her years seeing her family and friends from school...There's only 3 left from her school circle. She can't see her other friends, go shopping or to Church. My Mother has ZERO Underlying Conditions, Most of the women in her family live to 98-102yrs old just fine. So it infuriates me when a 20-60 something Says 'It just affects the Old People'. That woman got a list of servicemen who didn't have anyone sending them Care Packages during conflicts overseas and rounded up family and friends and sent them those all the time til it was over. She Didn't Know Them, She Cares About Others and feels it's the least she can do to HELP. To say she doesn't understand Why it's come to this is an understatement. The depression and disappointment of some people's lack of duty and compassion is killing her.

I have been in contact with her friends and families kids to set up Zoom for them to visit in a group. That should start tomorrow. I'm thankful that's available, but it's going to be so different for them to have lunch or dinner together over ZOOM instead of their favorite restaurants together and bringing each other little gifts they've passed around among themselves since grade school.

We All Owe The Older Folks and Kids a Chance For Normalcy and Life. We All Owe Young People a Chance for the life we had or better. If Wearing A Mask and Following MEDICAL GUIDELINES HELPS to do that...There's No Question We Have To Do It.

Sorry for the Ramble...But this is about people's lives. We've heard here from survivors and parents of infected. It's real.

Kace

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by T.C.

Yup, when you disagree with the message, just shoot the messenger. Also, those pesky Russians are at it again!

Ol' Kentuck;6552106 said:
Who needs the Russians, the moderators are doing quite well at that.

Thank you! When people don't read or understand the rules they become an easy target. :thumbsup: No windage needed.

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Rest of the Story about extra money for Hospitals reporting Covid-19 patients... ANY HOSPITAL That Has To Use a Respirator on a MEDICARE PATIENT is Paid about 3x More...It's Not Exclusive to COVID-19. It's Medicare Policy. That Rumor got started on FB. You Can Call Any Billing Department at Any Hospital and They Will Tell You That.

Part of the Federal Stimulus Package.... Hospitals Are Paid about 13% More for Covid-19 Patients Due To Drs, Nurses and All Staff working in a High Risk Environment. They are paid a bit extra for that. Hazard Pay for all the front line workers and the amount of staff needed for disinfecting etc. and this being such a highly contagious virus.

Death Certificates...A lot of DC's have a Primary and Secondary COD. For Instance...We've all heard of folks who die suddenly in their sleep or otherwise of a heart attack, Everyone is Shocked...that would be secondary to a blockage or other heart disease. Covid-19 patients are not different, some have heart or lung problems, some are obese, some have or had cancer, some have asthma, etc.

There's a lot of things that people live just fine with, treated or not, But after contracting Covid-19 they couldn't take it. That's why the Death Certificates are done the way they are.

All of us 'could' have an underlying condition that we might not be aware of. All of us could contract Covid-19. Some of us might not make it and die, or be physically compromised for the rest of our lives. In the meantime if we aren't ALL wearing masks when around folks outside of our home and in public, We Definitely Will Be Contributing to Someone's Death or Disability IF we are asymptomatic and do not know we have it.

It's just gotta happen that we ALL wear Masks and Glasses...Prescription...Sunglasses...Accessory or Riding goggles. I wear Oakley Wrap Sunglasses.

Hawaii won't even allow us Mainlanders In Now along With Europe banning us.

All of it HELPS Stop The Spread.

Kace

You would have to had tested this person to say they have covid. They were not. this is a county that had a total of 2 cases. My point is the reportings of who has had covid and who hasn't is flawed. and there financial motivation behind it.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me, wearing a mask when around others during this pandemic is similar to getting a flu shot for the flu; or a preventative shot for any other disease. "Ain't no big thing." I don't understand a defiant, 'machismo' attitude when it comes to protecting your or your family's health.

About 26 times the US body count is 3,574,371; yesterday's number of confirmed US cases of the virus. Those people have gone through or are currently experiencing some form of hell--some of them will die. I see no need to increase the chance to get it if by wearing a mask it will help me to defend against the virus.
Don....

not about the wearing of the mask. its about the people mandating it by law setting up the framework to lose more freedoms. I wear my mask. I condemn ANY state that puts it under penalty of law. Dangerous freedoms and personal responsibility any day for me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted for politics.

OP
OP
Deep1

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, this is about freedom.
Freedom of not having some idiot infect me.
Freedom goes both ways.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If masks work then as long as your wearing one it doesnt matter if other people are wearing their mask.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I call BS, Treasure Hunter.
If the other fella doesn't have his mask on, his crapolla might get into my eyes even if I have my mask on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread