30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mu50stang said:
I have access to 12 homes in a historic area that are all 100+ years old. Where on the properties would be good places to search.

Within the 1st 30 feet of the front doors....

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all second that!!! :thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
Concentrate around walkways, doors, wells, exterior cellar doors. Also around any large rocks, fence posts, large trees as the folks of old did not trust banks and often burried their real constitutional money ( gold and silver) around things like that to keep them safe.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
steve from ohio said:
Concentrate around walkways, doors, wells, exterior cellar doors. Also around any large rocks, fence posts, large trees as the folks of old did not trust banks and often burried their real constitutional money ( gold and silver) around things like that to keep them safe.

All good ideas, check around for signs of an outhouse and work the walking area to it.
As bad as it may sound, if you find an outhouse location and have permission, dig it out (the waste product is gone), sometimes old glassware and coins will turn up.

Also, if you can locate a clothes line, check below it, pocket change left may have fallen from the pockets.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try to vision where they parked their cars. People lost coins getting in and out of cars..

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would start with the back yard and I would search it back and forth covering every bit of the yard. Work it north and south then east and west. Look for big old trees, cloths line. Think about where you would have people gather for a family reunion......Matt

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
My best advice is to check under bushes and in flower gardens (being careful obviously). You have to look at the property and imagine it 100 years ago. Alot of trees and bushes were not there. These spots are usually skipped over by other detectorists because digging under a bush is a pain in the a**. Lastly take a small coil and hit the parking strip relentlessly. Then go over it with the big coil relentlessly. You will almost certainly get at least a wheat penny this way. Wish I had an opportunity like yours. GL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions