Areas wanted for TV show segments

Bossgobbler23

Oct 24, 2004
Mid-Michigan
We have a nationally broadcast TV show seen on MOR (Men's Outdoor & Recreation, 32 million households). We are a big game hunting show but are now incorporating and inroducing metal detecting as another form of hunting to our viewers. We just finished filming a show in the Mechanicsville, VA area that was both fun and one that we think will bring more interest to this great hobby and knowledge of the events that took place there.
We are at this time interested in showing military events between French & Indian and Civil War. If you have a show idea and would like us to consider a trip out with you (we promise to keep your spot confidential), let us know.
Contact me via PM or email [email protected]

Thank You

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you tell me what Channel it runs on ?

OUTDOOR ?
VS ?

I hope not outdoor 2 :(

or is MOR the Channel ? :(
I don't get it :(

OP
OP
Bossgobbler23

Bossgobbler23

Oct 24, 2004
Mid-Michigan
Hi Jeff
Shermanville is correct on all.

I didn't want to sound commercial at all so I didn't leave the name of our show. If you think it is benneficial I will leave the name per your input. We are trying this on our show for the first time. I think it will be a great way to introduce a different kind of hunting to our viewers, giving some good insight to the hobby and how passionate we are about the hobby and history.
A good example of what we plan to do with a show we filmed in Mechanicsville, VA can be found in the Civil War section of the forum listed under the same heading.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be Benificial to post the name of the show,
for those that are actually able too get MOR

Abbey

Aug 15, 2006
Eastern Shore, MD
Detector(s) used
Discovery200
One of the most under-rated and yet most important sites in the Rev. War is right here on the Eastern Shore of MD. Caulk's Field is a big area w/ almost no marker stating the battle(s) which went on here. The hunting is also very well known, so that's a nice perk! I'm not a hunter, nor am I very good a metal detecting (just a beginner), and I'm not very educated about Rev. War goings on, but I have a couple friends who know a LOT and would be helpful, I'm sure. Maybe some other folks on this site can help more, but I do know it's here and it's important to history-- more important than most would imagin, including me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread