Arggh!! Missing bag of Indian Heads!!

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
As I mentioned before.. I am organizing my coins.. well I sat down tonight after dinner to start knocking out some OH cents.. but the ziplock baggie i had well over 250/300 Indian heads in is.. gone!! I have not touched it for quite some time.... the other baggies were there.... just the IHs missing!!! maybe I should ask my youngest if he wa able to buy extra ice creams at school the past few weeks!!! ;-) Lucky I had already filled up one book that holds 60 coins with 120 by doubling them up....

MN

Upvote 0

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O wow thats no good! hopefully they will turn up! good luck

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
I hope there wasn't a 1877 or 1909-s in there.It is bad enough loosing 250-300 IH but them
two would be a heartbreak.Sorry about your luck just maybe you will find them and you will remember
that you put them in a different place,Let's hope so.

fortbball9

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Sorry to hear there missing.. Hopefully you will find them (btw what bank does your youngest school use I just realized I need about 50.00 in pennies..lol j/k)

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would irritate the crap out of me. I'm sure I would lose some sleep over it. They are probally around your house somewhere. I've always found things when I'm not looking for them. Well after I gave up looking.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's not good :o I hate to be the one to say it but I used to rob my fathers coin collection back when I didn't know better ::)

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
allen said:
good thing about my kids,
they know not to touch my coins...

Mine too!! The "help" me sometimes but don't go messing with them when I'm not there... I think my "organizing" system failed big time on this one!! I'm sure they will turn up.. but it is oddsinc eI had them all together with other bags of coins..including a bag of mercs..????

Hmm..might be old age setting in... but I'm only 42!!!

MB

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would drive me nuts until I found them. Hope they turn up soon.....Matt

M

michigan michael

They may turn up. I am in process of moving and have lost my first wheat cent that I dug. :( I have not found it yet but did find an envelope of silver war nickles that I was selling on ebay a while back. I thought these were all gone but these must of been extra cause there was 6 silver and 2 buffalo nickles.
Maybe your luck will change too! I hope you find them! thats a lot of indians!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread