Arizona explorer and history lover saying howdy

Absurd-Ginger

Jun 3, 2015
Gilbert
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey guys, been on treasure net more than a few times over the last few years, but I felt it's about time to join in on the conversations. I'm looking forward to seeking knowledge and learning a thing or two as well as help others in there quest. I've spent 100's of hrs hiking in the supes/ mazatzal mountains over the last 10 years. But around 4 years ago I came across a old timer I met serving who I got to know very well. * I shall not publicly name the family because the man is very private* and learned over the few years our friendship lasted many interesting things about the supes and 4 peaks. His family helped run or did run quarter circle u ranch for over a 100years. Let's just say him and his father spent a life time in those mountains acquiring data. The guy had a whole closest full of topo maps, pictures, sketches, etc dedicated to him and his fathers search. In the years of conversations with this gentleman I learned many things, heard many stories and he including many possible interesting spots he felt had promise. He also spent 15 years blasting a site in 4 peaks before the ban on explosives in the 70-80's I believe came around. Before our friendship ended (do to him abusing his wife in front of me and lying to me, and of course he did not enjoying me calling him out on it also), he intrusted some very interesting info I've been slowly planning out. The man is in his 60's and knows he doesn't have much life left in him due to health reasons to continue the search. So my feelings where that he was trying to pass down the torch/secrets his family had been keeping because he had no close family who showed any interest in treasure hunting. My big mouth went and ruined a good thing 😩 So long story short, this was the beginning of my journey toward cache hunting. Been interested in finding like minded individuals who would be interested in hearing/learning some of the data I've learned and maybe educate me on the spots I'm looking at, planing details, what to look for when there, if the info can or is correct, etc. PM me if have any questions. Thanks guys and looking forward to meeting you all 😄

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Arizona for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
\
Wel-come to the library ... :read2:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Good luck on your journey.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread