Arizona Hunting/Collecting Laws

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yo Guys, Been a while posting, but I've checked in on ya when I had a chance or two. Trying to plan a sojurn to Arizona for a little prospecting and artifact hunt. I wanted to support the state with spending some moola there for a week or so. Being spoiled here in Texas with workable antiquities legislation I don't know the first thing about Arizona laws. Can anybody clue me in? Is there any glaring problems statewide or is it more relaxed like here. I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks G.

Attachments

• Smith Point 1b.JPG
    Smith Point 1b.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 414
  • Smith Point 1b.JPG
    Smith Point 1b.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 404
Upvote 0

Sundancer

Feb 14, 2009
Fort White, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Tesoro Lobo
You do NOT want to get caught collecting artifacts on State or Federal land in Arizona. Private property is okay with permission AND you do not disturb burials.

~Mike

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as you are a legal citizen and American you should be ok if pulled over. They have a great Governor. Have a fun trip and try to hunt private lands not anything the public owns. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Lone Star

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I realize the obvious always holds true regarding federal or state lands. I spent a few hours researching what I can find. It's funny, you can prospect w/ a detector for nuggets and the like on state property, but don't bend over and pick up a point. That crosses the line. The Feds want you to walk around with your hands in your pockets when visiting their turf. Appreciate the reply, Thanks G.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread