Arizona Magma Gold

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will share some of what I have been finding with you, from time to time.
DSC01021.JPG

Last edited:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see some yellow there !!! I've looked through some books on gold mining and gold ore, don't know if will ever get to search for the raw stuff but am happy with the little bits I do find, its always a good thing finding gold !!

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I see some yellow there !!! I've looked through some books on gold mining and gold ore, don't know if will ever get to search for the raw stuff but am happy with the little bits I do find, its always a good thing finding gold !!

Thanks, I found this out in near Black Point Lava Flow

monita.secreta

Jul 18, 2014
Tarragona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark / Fisher CZ-21 Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks, I found this out in near Black Point Lava Flow

Keep plugg'n along John Arizona and we'll keep the monkeys off yer back. In my book... yer alright!

Like yer posts, irregardless what others say about ya!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry that was a good thread....where the hell is KUGER.....when I saw TerryC in April we talked about him for a few minutes I havn't seen a post from him in a while. I got back from a long family trip few weeks ago from the Motherlode to Yellowstone and back via Nevada,Idaho, Wyoming and back through Idaho, we stopped and went to Craters of the Moon Monument. Then through South East Oregon to Lassen National Park. We called it our Super Volcano Tour. Believe me due to years of research and previous adventures and trips at a younger age....I passed many many side trips that I could only live mentally as best I could while I drove by some country that I would like to know better from the pan or coil up.....But alas I had the wife...an 11 year old son 9 year old and one year old daughter in tow...and we were Yellowstone bound. We made Twin Falls the first evening and I scored some good fireworks...woo hoo!!!! Getting to take my 11 year old son through the great Basin and tell him about when I worked in Montana...and seeing him not able to put down his book about Sitting Bull was awesome!!! The West is the best and he needs to know that:headbang: Anyways back to lava and gold...couple interesting things. At Craters of the moon there are some of the largest and newest lava flows in the country. I was looking very close at the lava ery closely there were rainbows of color, Very similar to Peacock Ore a Copper Ore....it is actually a layer of glass on the lava. On our trip as we passed through areas that I was familiar with, knowing the mining history and know types of deposits in the area it was interesting to relate the proximity of volcanic activity to the deposits. Most volcanos and lava flows are devoid of gold. Though volcanic influence is major it is typically Epithermal influence. Especially in the Western United States. These types of deposits take eons to form into what is mined in our recent history. There is one known place in the world where significant free gold is being deposited associated with an active volcano. And only one more where gold is actually mined in an active geothermal area it is also an Epithermal deposit. Gold in Lava is not an Epithermal deposit. What you see in a lava flow geologically, happened in a hyper micro second of time....flowed and cooled extremely fast. The uniqueness of finding gold in lava is notable.... Gold is deposited in crystals via intrusion. I have a terminated quartz crystal that contains gold..as do others that have posted.I have also heard of geodes that have been cut exposing amazing chevron gold crystals...literally the rarest gold you could ever hope to find.

Last edited:

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Goldwasher,Kuger is my old mining partner and though he lives only twenty minutes away from me I haven't seen him but once in the last two years.He's busy with his family and job.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Dave. I know he is a busy guy glad to hear that's the reason for his absence..good to hear he is still doing his thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions