XGPX0001

Greenie
Mar 19, 2018
Little Rock, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics - Omega 8500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I have been going for about two years now off and on - learned a lot watching old pros and exploring / researching of my own. I have learned to the point I teach others etc certain spots for certain minerals. The site has massive shovels for the large diamond discovery markers. I am trying to gather information over certain areas; public knowledge ofc as I am on a forum. Is anyone else a miner there frequently and or live in the area and mine a lot?

The volcanic tube thats been forced upwards and created the park (the actual volcano is around 12 miles from the park according to Arkansas geological surveys; though hidden secret as far as I can tell. If you Google Earth the park there is actually an entirely separate mine not even a 4th of a mile from the site - it also seems to be a park secret area AND OUTSIDE of what they list geologically as part of the vents. The crater actually travels far into the back of the park all the way to the stream (this is so the park will last for tourism mining for the next 400 years.) so we actually only have mining access to about 1/5th / 1/4th of the vent. According to the survey there are other diamond producing vents in the area privately owned some privately mined some not used at all.. Probably pasture land. I'm pretty damn sure there are massive diamonds in that creek next to the park but it is private property I am sure. I am also sure you can walk to the creek from the crater BUT YOU CAN NOT DIG OR MINE, don't break the park rules.

-So does anyone have any information over where the actual extinct volcano resides?

-What about the other secret diamond forming vents?

-Areas of the park? I'm pretty damn sure the area to the right when you enter is all washed out, you cannot even find quartz though people report finding amethyst there... All I see is kimberlite and fertile dirt on the right of the park, I don't even bother walking or digging that side anymore.

If you wish to keep your information private and or own an actual vent property I would be willing to check out your areas as a geologist and trust me, secrets are secrets - I would not pass your info past the PM.

I also hear Mt. Ida near Hot springs also has amazing crystals.

I am just a geologist seeking cool areas and information. If you're a fellow Arkansnsan post up or PM me! Let's go crystal huntin!

Ponchosportal

Nov 19, 2004
Primary Interest:
Other
Kimberlite pies = diamonds are brought to the surface by kimberlite pipes, which are formed by deep-source volcanic eruptions.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
XGPX0001

XGPX0001

Greenie
Mar 19, 2018
Little Rock, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics - Omega 8500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I never dig in the kimberlite, it's so hard.. Takes forever to break down. I usually seek gravel and heavy gravel cluster areas, or spots where other people dug after a rain. Nothing beats digging 5 feet and finding a snickers wrapper though xD. The kimberlite is like a layer IDK how thick, prolly half a mile or so downwards just guessing and layers all through the park on the left and by watersheds 1 and 2; it's like an entire layer in the crust. Almost sandstone like. I can soak it in water for 15 mins and it's still a rock. I looove checking its exposed layers though after a heavy rain or during the rain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, not all kimberlite gives up diamonds. There was a lot of volcanic activity in Arkansas way before my time! The only existent "vent", which was/is shaped like a champagne glass that is accessible is the Crater of Diamonds. I have found three TINY absolutely TINY diamonds there in the past. All three were found either surface hunting, and yes, you have to get real close to the dirt to do that or in gravel "runs" left my heavy rains. It ain't easy.

The other "secret" areas are not really secret, but they are private property.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread