Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Arkansas mom destroys Common Core in four powerful minutes

Michael Dorstewitz
bizpacreview.com
December 19, 2013

An ordinary mother of three eviscerated Common Core state standards in her powerful four-minute testimony before the Arkansas Board of Education Monday.

The testimony comes in the wake of major protests against the uniform guidelines. The mom, a member of Arkansas Against Common Core, and identified as Karen Lamoreaux, testified that rather than “a set of rigorous, college-ready international benchmark standards” that the Common Core initiative was touted to be, it tends to dumb down math solutions by, ironically, overcomplicating them.

As an example, she gave the board a simple fourth-grade division problem, which Common Core requires students to use 108 steps to solve.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yep, who the hel needs to know what others learn....
down with public education...only learn what you want...who do these jerks think they are telling us the common knowledge one needs to survive in today's society

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Home schooling for all!

Finally, something that makes sense to me!!!

My daughter was home schooled. BTW, they have to take a more rigorous test than those students in public school here in Arkansas. ... They have to take the Iowa tests.

My daughter was in the top 2% nationally ... from a home school environment. In fact, homeschoolers consistently test higher than those in public school - not just my kid, but nationwide.

Thumbs up JB for that wise statement!!!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, way to go JB!!! Bravo to those who stand for the truth!!!!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like they're trying to teach kids to work hard, instead of smart.

What's the quickest way to break a persons spirit? Give him a useless task.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The way they were training those kids for math reminds me of some of the old experiences I've read about during slavery and how those uneducated people found ways to "cipher" numbers.

Weak minds (from the Core Curriculum) ... and probably they have a plan for creating the strong backs needed for slave labor.

You cannot enslave an educated public, but if you dumb them down enough through faulty education (probably to payback the Chinese for all our borrowing) you can have a very large slave labor force.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally, something that makes sense to me!!!

My daughter was home schooled. BTW, they have to take a more rigorous test than those students in public school here in Arkansas. ... They have to take the Iowa tests.

My daughter was in the top 2% nationally ... from a home school environment. In fact, homeschoolers consistently test higher than those in public school - not just my kid, but nationwide.

Thumbs up JB for that wise statement!!!

Chad,

I am glad you did right by your Daughter man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread