Aug 27, 2022

Attachments

• 20220827_135840.jpg
    20220827_135840.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 400
  • 20220827_135829.jpg
    20220827_135829.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 389
Yeah I think itā€™s great. Thanks for sharing! You know what it is. Donā€™t be discouraged about comments including, ā€œstone formed by natural water erosionā€ and ā€œpareidoliaā€. Keep searching for answers and clues! Go find another one!!!
Thank you for the comments but honestly I don't yet know what this is. I found it a few weeks ago and now I'm starting to research.

I too think it's some kind of fossilized material. Can't find a close enough match between plant or animal (yet). I love the look of the geometric rectangular and square patterns containing eroding cells with the bordering material largely intact!
The rectangular square patterns is what makes me wonder as well? Thank you for your comment!

I canā€™t think of a fossil that forms squares but I donā€™t get the native made impression, Iā€™m wondering about something more modern, a carved box or maybe part of a headstone that found itā€™s way into the river

I canā€™t think of a fossil that forms squares but I donā€™t get the native made impression, Iā€™m wondering about something more modern, a carved box or maybe part of a headstone that found itā€™s way into the river
I have seen some jellyfish fossils in squares. Under 10x magnification, it doesn't appear to be man-made the way it is eroded.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back