Armed Forces

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I was talking to a man yesterday who brother is a soldier, who is stationed in Iraq. He said he was going to sign up for another term, but they told him Obama had done away with the signing bonuses for military personel. Not only that, but they also told him if he signed up for another term, he would have to relinquish his E5 rank, and return to an E1 ranking. So he claimed his brother got frustrated and decided to leave the military. He had planned on making it his career until this happened. He also claimed they were now waving the signing bonus for anyone enlisting into military. I don't know why they are taking away the incentive to sign or resign, but it does not sound like the US stand on keeping a strong military presence. Maybe they are going to reinstate the draft, or do away with the military completely. rockhound

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I visit a lot of military forums and have not heard of this.

I believe that this would of been blazing news in the forums if this information was being told to military members.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
My Son is ir Iraq with the Oregon National Guard.
He has seen lots of housing disassembled and moved out as they are reducing amount of troops there. Not sure if they are moving housibg to Afghanistan or ?

Grey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread