Around my house... (Part II)

t0t41n00b

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2007
Fairview, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/Di
Well, I went at it again.

This time I had a working display! I did a little jig like Bruce Willis in The Last Boy Scout when I got it working. The paper behind the needle had pushed the needle into the plastic cover so I had to take apart the display and put some tape on the edges of the paper to hold it down. I was very pleased.

Well, I was only out for like an hour before evil rain started.

Back yard came first, yielding these things (plus 2 nails not pictured. But there was only 2 I dug!)
IMG_2695.JPG
Above: Trampoline spring, part of a windshield wiper?, metal slab, and what looks like one of my mom's tools

And then I found some sort of pipe we didn't know about in the front yard. It was marked by a pole sticking up buried a couple of inches under the ground.
IMG_2692.JPG

Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
WOW! Spanish rust covered gold spikes. They camouflaged them that way.

HOSSNV

Jun 24, 2007
Well like my dear mother used to say " its better than a sharp stick in the eye " . Hoss

cottonjim

Jan 12, 2007
S.W. MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
That pipe looks like a yard marker. Was it on a corner (or near) of your lot line? I found something very similar in my yard and have used that knowledge to find other markers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread