Arrow head!! NEEd some help from the experts!!!!!

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Hey guys,
I mainly metal detect, however im into anything historical. I was detecting an old field in CT, when i got a hit. I dug down, and since i saw what looked to be a piece of pottery i grab it. To my surprise it was infact a white arrow head. I believe it is quartz. I took it to my locale club meeting and someone said it was a jacks reef arrowhead. I wanted to see if anyonehad any info about it. Age, what its made of, and if it belongs to a certain people. Any info would be great. Thanks for your time.
Keith

Attachments

• DSC01737.JPG
    DSC01737.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC01738.JPG
    DSC01738.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 339
  • DSC01739.JPG
    DSC01739.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC01740.JPG
    DSC01740.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 0
I cant really chime in on a type as I'm unfamiliar with your area's types, but I'll guess maybe some type of Brewerton. That would put it at 4000 to 6000 years old.
As far as a particular tribe to tie it to...thats impossible with most artifacts over a couple thousand years old. Fact is, at the time Europeans arrived here, a LOT of tribes were fairly new to the areas where they were encountered....for instance, it had only been a few generations before that the Iroquois had displaced certain Algonquians before the arrival of Europeans.
Either way, its a nice find. Bet it was a surprise when you saw what it was!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread