arrow heads

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
wayne in north ga said:
is it against the law to pick up arrowheads here in GA tks wayne

No, just "picking them up" is cool. Obviously private property is off limits without permission to be on the land. Digging on park land or telling anybody you are looking for indian relics while on park land is not a good idea. If you spot something laying on the surface and discretely "recover it" I don't think you would end up in trouble. Burial sites (indian mounds) should be given due respect.

Stan

riverguy

May 23, 2009
Found a 2" quartz prehistoric arrow head valued at $700 - $800 at the very top of the Barlow cut. It was after a rain storm and my older son found it partially exposed and picked it up. Of course we were not on state or federal property and about 3 miles back on the trail so it came home with us as did other relics.

Remember, people have been living on this land in N. Georgia and elsewhere for thousands of years.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to hook up with someone to go looking for arrowheads! Trouble is, I just don't know where to look. If you want an arrowhead hunting partner for an afternoon, give me a PM. I'm in Gainesville.
Scott

montgomeryjrm

Nov 28, 2007
Gainesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ex II, Whites eagle II, Whites spectrum xlt
It maybe a little off subject here. But there is a place on my dad's land down in GA in a field. Far as I can remember nothing has ever grown in a corner of field we own. The size of this area is mayb 2 acres. It never fails after every rain we find buttlaods of arrowheads, hell when I was 12 I found a stone ax sticking out of the ground. We have never done any research on why nothing will grow there. Kind of like a mini desert, funny I think. But over the years we have amassed a good collection of arrowheads, spearheads and at least one ax that I know of. You name the type of arrowhead or spearhead we have probably found it on that patch of sand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread