Attachments

• IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0186.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,139
Upvote 0
A

Atlantis0077

D.H.

You asked a question about the authenticity of arrowheads sold on ebay. Let me say there are several reputable dealers that sell via ebay, and many people sell authentic private points, but the majority.....and I believe I can say that with a degree of certainty.....the majority of stuff I see on ebay now falls into the category of complete fake, or reworked damaged items. I had a couple of dealers that use ebay heavily...the reputable ones....tell me that 90% of the stone items such as axes and celts sold on ebay are faked. Now I have nothing against people selling things as art objects etc, but to purposely sell fakes as authentic is a crime in my book. Anytime someone says in the tag line, purchased at auction or estate sale, or selling for a friend, or they look genuine to me.....WATCH OUT. Those lines are red flags for fakes. Stay away if they don't offer a return period as well. Most people know that if they sell a frame of points that average 5-6 bucks a piece, you aren't going to the added expense to have them authenticated. If you see a point covered with dirt still, that just screams fake....I mean the first thing I do with a point I find is wash it up to check for dings, cracks and stone and chipping quality. I don't put them on my board still covered in the clay they came out of. So with purchasing points, as with everything else....always let the buyer beware. A little common sense can save a lot of grief.

Atlantis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread