arrowhead collection

krumb

Mar 3, 2005
WA
I was advised in another forum to post these here. I received this small collection some years back. Was wondering if I have anything of significance.

ForumRunner_20120524_202512.png

ForumRunner_20120524_202537.png

ForumRunner_20120524_202602.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice ! Looks like you got some room for some more.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know where they were found? Some of them look like Columbia River Gem Points and they are very highly collectable. Some very nice pieces in that tray.

OP
OP
krumb

krumb

Mar 3, 2005
WA
Grim, I believe most all of them were found along the Columbia

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that if you would post some closer-up photo's, I am sure your viewers could give you better feedback as to what you may have. :dontknow: ''squinting'' (where's the binoculars?)

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Racist replies are off topic - Please stay on topic!

Last edited by a moderator:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are we ruining this thread with nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
lol cmon there was actually no racism going on

sorry krumb didn't mean to ruin your thread

OP
OP
krumb

krumb

Mar 3, 2005
WA
These were all taken with a phone, will try and get some better shots this weekend

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The arrowhead in the middle looks serrated. That and the small size look similar to arrowheads coming from the cherry orchard site below John day dam. That site was known for caches the largest was 1500 arrowheads in a pit in what was called a chipping house. The entire area was covered with chips. I saw a picture that one fellow carried with him of a cache of 305 arrowheads that completely covered a towel. He claimed his buddy found it and he had found a cache of 56. There was also a cache of 7 knives found there. Most of us were happy to find a couple points as the site was really hit hard and for obvious reasons.

OP
OP
krumb

krumb

Mar 3, 2005
WA
I'm not wanting to hold on to these as like I said there was a fallout with the person I received them from. Are there legalities when it comes to selling or trading?

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are not worried about aquiring them through a falling out (a deal gone bad?), then why worry about the legallities, or simply give them back. To me the only value I can place on my collection comes in the thrill of the find and not any monetary gain. I would just as soon toss them in the Columbia than have them confiscated though.

OP
OP
krumb

krumb

Mar 3, 2005
WA
No, it wasn't a deal gone bad....they were gifted but I don't really have anything to do with that person anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread