Arrowhead Help

pjduff

Mar 3, 2012
Madison, IN
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-x, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a detectorist for about 22 yrs but I have always been interested in and kept any fossil or arrowhead or cool looking rock I have come across. (Mom used to get so mad at me cause I had rocks by the bucketful in the garage growing up. I found out a few years ago that when I was away in the Navy back in the '90's that she would take and throw them by the handful onto the gravel road by our house!!) These are the arrowheads I have collected over my life, but I know absolutely nothing about them. Any info as to what any of these would have been used for or the possible age or possibly what tribes would be helpful. If you need close up pics of any individual arrowhead let me know the number and I will try to get them for you. All of these were found in Southern Indiana, Northern Kentucky, and Western Ohio, except for #23 that was found in Nashville TN. Thanks for any help!!

Attachments

• DSC02150.JPG
    DSC02150.JPG
    449.5 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC02153.JPG
    DSC02153.JPG
    433.2 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 0

ChargerGuy

Oct 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of my region, but I could take a stab at some of them.
1) Biface or preform
2) Kirk Corner Notched
4) Poss Snyders
5) Adena
18)Biface or large preform
20)Poss. Brewerton Side Notched
21) Drill
23) Adena
26&27) Poss. Snyders
30) Drill

Nice finds!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate it when Mom throws out the rocks. You have a nice collection there. It is also out of my area but am sure somebody will try. That is a lot to i.d !!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You have a nice collection. You're out of my area for help with Id's, but there are people here that will help you. I know how you feel about the rocks, I joined the navy when I was 17, and at the time owned a 29 A model ford coup. My Dad got tired of looking at it, and sold the car for 50 bucks, and kept the money. Bummer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread