Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping someone could tell me if this quartz piece is an arrowhead? I found it in the same plowed pasture as the broken one on the left. I've found full arrowheads and a nutting stone on the plantation property in the past too.
If it is an arrowhead, any info on it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-076S.JPG
    MVC-076S.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 426
Upvote 0

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Re: Arrowhead???

Hopefully Molly will check in soon, she is the expert on quartz from your area...looks like a blade to me.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi MM, You have a Savanah River on the left, made from Rhyolite & a Quartz blade, looking at the edges I would say it was used for more a sawing action, than slicing. Started as a preform (for a Guilford) & they just added the serrations?
Nice finds. Good luck with your next hunt.

Molly..

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Molly said:
Hi MM, You have a Savanah River on the left, made from Rhyolite & a Quartz blade, looking at the edges I would say it was used for more a sawing action, than slicing. Started as a preform (for a Guilford) & they just added the serrations?
Nice finds. Good luck with your next hunt.

Molly..

AWESOME!!!
Molly,
I can't thank you enough. :icon_thumleft: Great info. I keep my head down every time I'm in those plowed pastures. I find a lot of old pottery shards too.
Thanks & have a Happy Thanksgiving,
Doug

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Oldgoat & MM nice to see you guys again..Always good to see Carolinians..
Like to see what you guys find. I miss NC but, should be back there to hunt next year.
Nothing better than Plowed tobbacco fields..Magic hour (just before sun goes down) all that trans quartz shines..its great..

Molly...

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Molly said:
Hello Oldgoat & MM nice to see you guys again..Always good to see Carolinians..
Like to see what you guys find. I miss NC but, should be back there to hunt next year.
Nothing better than Plowed tobbacco fields..Magic hour (just before sun goes down) all that trans quartz shines..its great..

Molly...

I thought I remembered you being in NC. The "Sunshine State" by your avatar threw me off. ;D
Thanks again Molly.
-MM-

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I'm only here temp, its not a state I could settle in. I miss having spring water from a well. Too hot here, too many bugs & car insurance is 3 times more expensive, due to crazy drivers..I guess I'm a Carolinian at heart, although not born there.. I sure miss it..
A friend said I would miss that ol' rhyolite, its true I do..lol.

Molly..

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Good to see you too, Molly. FYI, I live in Tx. but I have watched your posts from the Carolinas since I joined the TN...If you ever get over this way I'll take you to a couple of dig sites that I frequent...

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you were in NC Olden..So many ppl on here, its difficult to keep up. :icon_scratch:

I would like to hunt in Texas, while there I never got chance to, so I might take you up on that.
I intend on going back for a visit, I liked it in Texas. I met some cool cowboys while there, the cook offs were something else, darn good food. The only thing I didn't like about TX was, they all thought I was an aussie...LOL. Grrrr !!!! >:(

Molly.. ::)

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi MM. You seem to have a relative of this one I found here in Virginia not long ago. Its a nice quartz blade. The other two pieces were found today and are just good examples of the beautiful quartz that is found in our area.

Attachments

• quartz blade.GIF
    quartz blade.GIF
    51.5 KB · Views: 240
  • nov 22 quartz.GIF
    nov 22 quartz.GIF
    41.4 KB · Views: 239

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread