Arrowhead Trench C-3 - 31" Deep Directly Associated with ?

CarGirl

Feb 15, 2016
Frederick, Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another inherited mystery item and this one has more clues but I have no idea what it means? The photo shows front and back plus the box it was stored in with notes.

I tried to Google what I thought the last line was but nothing came up? :icon_scratch:

Arrowhead-Trench-C-3.jpg

Upvote 0

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see "roof fall" which could be interpreted a couple of ways preceded by what looks like a little symbol for maybe a lean-to roof over a dug out area of a bank? Ain't no telling...

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug by an archaeologist from a bluff shelter, where there are often roof falls with stuff under them

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From your series of posts, it looks like you inherited quite a collection. You have quite a number of historical museums in your area. I would suggest you set up an appointment with one, and take your box of stuff there. They live for this kind of thing, and I am sure they would be happy to assist you. Interesting items. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
C

CarGirl

Feb 15, 2016
Frederick, Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From your series of posts, it looks like you inherited quite a collection. You have quite a number of historical museums in your area. I would suggest you set up an appointment with one, and take your box of stuff there. They live for this kind of thing, and I am sure they would be happy to assist you. Interesting items. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you and yes it is quite the collection. I did take a few things last year to a "Antiques Road Show" type event in Denver but everyone was pretty clueless so I was discouraged. I would love to talk to someone at a museum but have not figured out where to go. Any suggestions?

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you and yes it is quite the collection. I did take a few things last year to a "Antiques Road Show" type event in Denver but everyone was pretty clueless so I was discouraged. I would love to talk to someone at a museum but have not figured out where to go. Any suggestions?

Find one that specializes in Native American artifacts. You wouldn't go to the local mining museum. Or the town's history museum of prominent white men.

OP
OP
C

CarGirl

Feb 15, 2016
Frederick, Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find one that specializes in Native American artifacts. You wouldn't go to the local mining museum. Or the town's history museum of prominent white men.

Yeah, all we have in our little town in the tiny little Miners Memorial Museum. I have just emailed the Native Arts Department for African, American Indian & Oceanic Art at the Denver Arts Museum to start so we will see what they say.

Thanks so much for your help! :hello:

OP
OP
C

CarGirl

Feb 15, 2016
Frederick, Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, all we have in our little town in the tiny little Miners Memorial Museum. I have just emailed the Native Arts Department for African, American Indian & Oceanic Art at the Denver Arts Museum to start so we will see what they say.

Thanks so much for your help! :hello:

Well, it might be a while with the automated email reply I just received... "Thank you for your email. You have reached an email account that is infrequently but regularly checked. We will do our best to provide you with the information you seek in a timely manner, but suggest that you allow two weeks for a response to your request. We are grateful to you for your patience."

:laughing7: "You have reached an email account that is infrequently but regularly checked."

jdsly

Mar 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrowhead Trench C-3 - 31" Deep Directly Associated with ?

Little symbol is c with a line over it means "with". Its used quite a bit in the medical field. Other too i'm sure. Dunno if that helps at all

jdsly

Mar 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops. See you knew that:)

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes its an archeologist notes for sure giving the location in that section obviously under a roof collapse in a rock over hang. You might also try the local college and their archeology dept.
Good luck!

OP
OP
C

CarGirl

Feb 15, 2016
Frederick, Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes its an archeologist notes for sure giving the location in that section obviously under a roof collapse in a rock over hang. You might also try the local college and their archeology dept.
Good luck!

Thank you, I will check that out. My son attends University of Colorado Boulder so I will look into their archaeology department.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread