Arrowheads, spearheads, relics. Anyone around Gatlingurg?

JvilleHunter

Jun 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Equinox 800
Was hoping that there would be someone on this great site that could point me in the right/ treasure finding direction. I'm from FL and coming to Gatlingburg for a few days in late January. I used to live just outside Nashville in a little town called Portland but was a long time ago. As a boy, my friends would pick up arrowheads all the time but would throw them as rocks. Now, much older, I appreciate what we found and would love to find some more. However, I have no idea where to look around Gatlingburg. Was hoping somone on here could PM me on some really good places to hunt.....some good fields or areas they know produces a few artifacts. If you do, please pm me....I would be much appreciatative.

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Within the National Park, I believe metal detecting or any other sort of hunting for fun stuff is totally illegal.
Outside of the park its whatever you have permission to hunt I suppose.
I cant help you otherwise, Im all the way in Nashville.

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.
deathhare said:
Within the National Park, I believe metal detecting or any other sort of hunting for fun stuff is totally illegal.
Outside of the park its whatever you have permission to hunt I suppose.
I cant help you otherwise, Im all the way in Nashville.

U Sir are Correct, The National Park and the Start Park Areas attached to the National park are all off limits, other than tot lots etc, there isnt much up there to hunt , excpet pvt lands IFu can get permission, and good luck with that.

OP
OP
J

JvilleHunter

Jun 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Equinox 800
I apologize for putting the word "relics" in this post. I just want to hunt for "arrowheads"....the non-metal kind? Like walking fields, etc. Im told they lay all over the place in TN and was just looking for somewhere that someone knows where they are. I posted pretty this same post last year without any mention of metal detecting or metal of any kind and got nothing but metal dectecing responses. Sorry if I mislead anyone...

JvilleHunter

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.
It is my understanding that Hunting Arrow Heads on State or Federal Lands is Illegal.
Arrow heads are covered under Indian and Antiquities Law's state and Federal and TVA and Core of Engineer and some City Ordances.

it's been a while since I looked them up, but last time it was pretty much a No No and don't get caught or u can pay a fine.

Best I can tell you is to hunt river beds etc, that are not with in City, state or Federal parks, natural area's etc.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In TN its completely illegal to take a found arrowhead from State or Federal property.
Thats just a FYI....do what you decide though and have a good time. Just dont get fined for jailed.

Also, they definitely arent lying all over the place in TN. You could walk all day and not find a single one. Believe me, I have...many times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread