ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thought you guys might enjoy this. On the wreck we believe to be the 1821 Felix, we salvaged thousands of badly corroded spoons. These spoons were nothing more than western copies of nice English silverware. They were made of copper, silver plated, and stamped as though they were made of solid silver in Sheffield England. These were badly corroded, and many were nothing more than the handle after conservation, however they looked nice and had a unique story.

On another wreck on the south coast of the Dominican Republic, we found tens of thousands of Venetian Glass Trade Beads from the 1500's. We decided to turn the spoon handles and beads into nice jewelry items. Now instead of being hidden in a box in a dark corner of a warehouse or museum store-room, these artifacts are generating revenue to fund more shipwreck exploration.

These turned out to be great looking jewelry with a very unique story. Wherever these pieces go someone asks about them, and the girls love telling the story of how they came off a shipwreck, and then going into the full history detailed on the certificate of authenticity, which they all have memorized. I know what all the ladies in my life are getting for the holidays.

I'm not trying to sell on TNET, but if you care to see the items as listed they are here:

gmeexploration | eBay

Attachments

• DSCN1319 copy.jpg
    DSCN1319 copy.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN1320 copy.jpg
    DSCN1320 copy.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 92
  • neck_spoon1.jpg
    neck_spoon1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 95
  • spoon_earrings.jpg
    spoon_earrings.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 94
  • spoon_bracelet.jpg
    spoon_bracelet.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 97
  • spoon_ring1.jpg
    spoon_ring1.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 103
  • neck_bead2.jpg
    neck_bead2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool idea to re-purpose and move artifacts. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread