Arsenopyrite

kenpodetector

Jan 1, 2012
Northern NV. and Kennesaw Ga.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Gold Monster, SDC2300.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look in the ICMJ magazine there are companies. Have you had a real assay on the stuff is it worth doing? If you haven't had a good assay then start with that.

OP
OP
O

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't had a real assay, the old mine records I've read show an average of 1.25 ounces per/ton off previous assays, up to 3.5 ounces. This area I've found is below the old mine though so......

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generally, anyone that will process your ore will do it on a percentage basis. So if your ore is low grade it is not worth their time and on the other hand if your ore is super rich they will be begging for all you can get them. Whoever you get to run your ore will do their own assay(s) to verify your ore's grade. I can't stress enough, do your own assays! The information you get from having your own assay's done will put you on an even playing field when deal making with someone that will be running your ore.

Picture this scenario:
Ya, ya, no problem I can run your ore, I been doin that stuff for years. I will give you 90% of the profit. Truck it over to me and pile it up over there, I will get to is as soon as I get done with this batch I am working on right now........ Forever goes by.... and you finally get him to answer your calls and he says that it was a waste of his time and your 90% cut was $100.00. Or worse he wants you to pay the cost of processing it. In the meantime your ore was actually not bad it averaged out about 1.5 opt. and he pocketed the profit, you none the wiser because you really did not know if the ore was any good or not.

Protect your interests,,,, spend a little now on some assays and save yourself a whole bunch of headaches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread