Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walked into one place today, lady said 75% winter clothing, something else, and pictures. Found this, it was priced at $12.00 so I paid $3. It's either a watercolor, charcoal, or combo of both. Some serious water damage to the matting, but I think I will just re-mat it and paint the frame. The artist was H.W. Vanderwall. I can only find one of his pieces that sold online, and it sold for $400 at auction.

https://www.lofty.com/products/h-w-vanderwall-american-early-20th-century-live-oak-1-82kjk

vwall.jpg vwall2.jpg vwall3.jpg wall6.jpg

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any artist that's got notoriety found on the web is a plus. As for those artist who've not achieved any reference to be found, it's a lot tougher to interest any one to buy it, unless it's got that wow factor that more than a few will recognize.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any artist that's got notoriety found on the web is a plus. As for those artist who've not achieved any reference to be found, it's a lot tougher to interest any one to buy it, unless it's got that wow factor that more than a few will recognize.

I found another of his that sold back in 2014 for $350, so he does have sales history, but I can't find a bio for him. Hard to get a good picture of this piece until I get it out of the frame. Too much glare on the glass, and that need to be cleaned as well.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice piece, I would display that in my house! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions