Artifact or Fluke of Nature?

C

cachenut

It looks like the end of my umm umm my umm umm . ::)

Maybe it is a prehistoric petrified umm umm. :o

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
yeah, cachenut may have hit it on the head..... Geez this one's getting close to censorship material...

C

cachenut

The clue was when he said it fit his hand perfectly. ;D ;D ;D

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
;D I KNEW IT,IT WAS COMEING ;D Does look like some form of prehistoric evolution

R

robert_from_pa

Not in my case ::)

JARMAN said:
;D I KNEW IT,IT WAS COMEING ;D? Does look like some form of prehistoric evolution

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Ain't that one stutue of that one guy, missing a piece, or two... ;D
No clue, but it looks like a keeper to me... I got a whole shelf full of odd ball rocks...

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey copper, my experience is with archaeology and artifacts, and not as a geologist...but it's natural, and if I were to guess, I'd say it was formed somehow by dripping water!? Or something to that effect. Anyhow, I can tell you for certain it's not a native american artifact, and not man made. Hope this helps, and don't get discouraged...one just never knows what they have. Keep sharing.

Wess

OP
OP
C

Copper

WessThompson said:
hey copper, my experience is with archaeology and artifacts, and not as a geologist...but it's natural, and if I were to guess, I'd say it was formed somehow by dripping water!? Or something to that effect. Anyhow, I can tell you for certain it's not a native american artifact, and not man made. Hope this helps, and don't get discouraged...one just never knows what they have. Keep sharing.

Wess

Hey, thanks for the info. While I realized this picture had it's potential "problems," I was seriously wondering if it was manmade.

Now the question is, what will I do with it? Maybe it should go back to the yard it came from ???

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH,poo just keep it could bring you luck at least it didnt hit you in the head,or have to scrape it off your shoe?! :D EDD

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
:) Copper,It is quite an interesting find ,and i think any of us who may have found it would have posted just as you did.It does look mam made.I dont know stone relics and would of assumed it was.Dont throw it out, use it as a paper weight.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Copper
From the looks of the item (freak of nature or historic artifact) the item has diffent signs of faults in the mylonitic zone :-\ that could have caused the oddity ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread