Artifact ????

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
i1.jpg i2.jpg i3.jpg i4.jpg i1.jpg Opinions please? Found today at Mill Creek.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Piece of a pipe?

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mogi without holding it I can't say from the photo, but it looks like to me what I find and it is a iron clay concretion that formed around a root that later rotted away. artifact nots 004.JPG Was this a field find or a creek find ?

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Mogi without holding it I can't say from the photo, but it looks like to me what I find and it is a iron clay concretion that formed around a root that later rotted away. View attachment 1401279 Was this a field find or a creek find ?

It was on a gravel bar about 15 ft from the water.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think monsterrack nailed it. I find those all the time on the Ohio River and in the creeks around here. I have a few out by the fish pond I'll try to get a picture of and post.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
the surface of it doesn't seem right for a pipe, too rough and uneven. aint it interesting how nature can mimic all sorts of artifacts. your piece looks like it easily could be used as a cloud blower without modification.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
the surface of it doesn't seem right for a pipe, too rough and uneven. aint it interesting how nature can mimic all sorts of artifacts. your piece looks like it easily could be used as a cloud blower without modification.

Thanks guys for all the great comments and opinions. Would you all take a look at a few more of the pics i took please? I sent photo's to a few collector friends and most thought it was def part of a pipe. I found this within 5 ft of a really cool little Eden Point or what im calling an Eden. The guys thought it was an either pottery or stone piece of pipe. I would greatly appreciate your feedback unclemac,The Grim Reaper,monsterrack,Mrdigz and the rest. Pics are coming. Respectfully, Mogi e1.jpg e2.jpg e3.jpg e4.jpg e5.jpg e6.jpg e7.jpg e8.jpg e9.jpg

Last edited:

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Nice find on the point. The other looks like a concretion but who knows. I'm in St Charles MO. If you're ever out this way let me know and we can go hunt. Thanks.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I would be so Honored my friend. Sending you a p.m. Here in a bit. Respectfully, Morgan

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since it is hollow it's most likely impossible to have a lab test done for traces of organic materials that were either "smoked" Or "grown" inside. Can you shine a light inside and take some pics?
A Concretion is completely valid.
Decomposing Pipe is also a possibility.
Do you have access to a University database that could show examples of others found from your area?

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Since it is hollow it's most likely impossible to have a lab test done for traces of organic materials that were either "smoked" Or "grown" inside. Can you shine a light inside and take some pics?
A Concretion is completely valid.
Decomposing Pipe is also a possibility.
Do you have access to a University database that could show examples of others found from your area?

I can definitely take some pics from inside. Thank you my friend! I will get some taken and get them up. Respectfully, Mogi

Bow Only

Jun 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't show any sign of being drilled and both a ceramic or stone pipe would show signs of being drilled.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
That point is beautiful! Great find.
HH
dts

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know much about concretions, but why would you bother to make a pipe if you could just "find" one. That make sense?

And, yeah that is a sweet point Mogi !

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Interesting piece. I am looking forward to a final determination on that one.

I like that lanceolate, but if that's the piece you were speaking of, I don't think it is an Eden.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting piece. I am looking forward to a final determination on that one.

I like that lanceolate, but if that's the piece you were speaking of, I don't think it is an Eden.

quito are you thinking Nebo Hill?

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I wasn't thinking about what it was, I just thought right off it wasn't Eden. How far up is the grinding, and how heavy is it? ?

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I wasn't thinking about what it was, I just thought right off it wasn't Eden. How far up is the grinding, and how heavy is it? ?

Here ya go quito. eden1.jpg eden2.jpg eden3.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread