Silver Member
May 8, 2008
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and ZDD headed out on a hunch I had where there would be a cellar hole, we got there and there was indeed a cellar hole, shortly there after Dave noticed another not very far from the first.

Filled my pouch with blobs of lead, and a small horse shoe, but did get a few keepers too.

Artillery Button 1795 Pattern 21mm convex, perfect shank (I stand to be corrected on ID)
1815 genuine british copper HP token
1824 NS full penny token, which cleaned up pretty nice for a dug copper.
and a small George V silver.

The button is different than my other 2, which are flat, and of different diameters, I'm assuming this one is more scarce as most the images on the net are of the flat ones ?

Attachments

• find14-15-1.JPG
    find14-15-1.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 113
  • find14-15-2.JPG
    find14-15-2.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 124
  • find14-15-3.JPG
    find14-15-3.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 108
  • find14-15-4.JPG
    find14-15-4.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 116
  • find14-15-5.JPG
    find14-15-5.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 11
Love the button Rick. Its in great shape especially with the shank still in place. I dug a similar one at a 1600s site a couple years ago, but it was partially folded over and was minus the shank. Very nice find!

Nothing wrong with that day, easily par for the course or better. The button might be a little less common than the flat artillery buttons, but definitely still common. I know I've dug several, and not too many more flat ones.

Good to see you out kickin ass again man. Fall is here keep em coming

I love digging these & they don't show up too often for me. What amazes me is the amount of different variants there are, I hardly have 2 a like.

Nice artillery Rick. That is the first convex one I've seen.

Awesome job, great button, love the coins. Very successful hunt!

You guys always have incredible hunts! Talk about the dynamic duo lol. Killer button!

WoW! I would have to dig out the moat at Castillo De San Marcos in St. Augustine for me to find one of those here in Florida... However, don't think the rangers would appreciate that, especially by not inviting them to join in the fun...

SD

WTG Rick! Love the finds!

WoW! I would have to dig out the moat at Castillo De San Marcos in St. Augustine for me to find one of those here in Florida... However, don't think the rangers would appreciate that, especially by not inviting them to join in the fun...

SD

I wonder how far / many holes I'd have to dig to get one of those beautiful gold indians. I have owned a few. Lots of people have their favorite US coin, but I think mine is the 2.5, and 5 dollar incuse gold indians, certainly more attractive than the ST. Gaudens, that a lot of people consider the nicest US design.
Congrats one that one.

Rick some real nice finds you got there, I too enjoy the button very cool:thumbsup:

Excellent finds Rick. Killer button

Rick that button is stunning for sure..
Love the early pattern on that one..:icon_thumleft:

~Blaze

Awesome button! The coppers certainly aren't bad either. Congrats! :thumbsup:

Great to see you back in the saddle Rick. Very nice finds.

Thanks everyone. FRIENDS !
Just so you know I'm pretty happy with old military as I get so few, and this just might be the ONLY one so far with a good shank, so that tells you how few I've got.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back