Artist Point Tomb

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can anyone tell me about the alleged Tomb in the valley below Artist Point, Arkansas?
I don,t know anything about the tomb of which you ask,but welcome to Tnet and the Arkansas thread.Been kind of dead here since the passing of tabdog.if you,d like to add some details I,d love to hear of this tomb.Way down in S.E.Arkansas myself.Dumas.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know either, but the hot springs area, for over 2,000 years, had been in North America the Native American "Mecca" so to speak.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From memory I can recall some details. It was called the "Valley of Vapors" by Native Americans. The sacred caves, a total of seven. One of the caves, the Indians used to leave gifts and offerings there inside. A Spanish explorer is supposed to have written about the site and made a visit to document the events.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rainbow legends are connected to this site also. Most tribes have a story passed down for many centuries of a "Rainbow Warrior". Environmental groups have hijacked these legends and made it them, who will save the planet. It's more of an Apocalyptic scenario rather than a traditional legend. Yet these probably go back more the 2,000 years.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread