As promised first attempt at database for metal detectors

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
Seems there are a couple of bugs lurking will replace the link once ironed out thanks for the debugging help

The link above is for you to download the metal detecting program. Its a database program for you to keep details of your finds and photos as yet it hasnt a search feature. I'm working on that. To use it you must start by picking a picture of your find or if you havent got one use the picture Ive included then enter the details into the other fields.

Leave details of other features and fields you want to see and I will include them at a later date.

Hope you enjoy it

You will need winrar to unzip it get that here

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Zesty Elf Dude said:
I downloaded the file... but now need to download someother file to open/access this database.

Which I will do, so I can check it out :)

I just want others to know you need a program to open the .rar file.
good point thanks get it here

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

L

LandStar

Very COOL strike, and thank you so much for sharing your time and efforts with us all...

Good Hunting,

OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
If anyone has problems with it asking for files when run can you post the files its asking for and i will repackage and upload to my webspace.

Thanks

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea, indeed. I didn't have any problems with the compression, as I use WinRar Corporate frequently with other files. But it did seem to have an error before I could even get the program open. Here's what it's saying...

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 204
OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
godisnum1 said:
Good idea, indeed. I didn't have any problems with the compression, as I use WinRar Corporate frequently with other files. But it did seem to have an error before I could even get the program open. Here's what it's saying...
thanks for that it was a great help Ive added the missing file in and another it was missing so hopefully it should work any problems let me know and I will update file thanks.

Cool desktop by the way

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. ;D I like customizing my desktop alot, depending on my mood...

Well the program opened this time. Thanks for updating the .ocx files! Now I've got the program open and I upload a picture, but it's not showing the photo within the program at all. I think you're heading in the right direction though.... :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
godisnum1 said:
Thanks. ;D I like customizing my desktop alot, depending on my mood...

Well the program opened this time. Thanks for updating the .ocx files! Now I've got the program open and I upload a picture, but it's not showing the photo within the program at all. I think you're heading in the right direction though.... :)

Bran <><
thanks I will look at the coding again see if i can spot the problem are the data fields working thankx

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, np... this is fun. I've never been able to help someone do debugging before... :D

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread