As requested, last weekends dump pictures.

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
As requested, last weekend's dump pictures.

Last weekend I dug a dump in a nearby county. Several people had asked me to post some pictures of what I found. I cleaned the rusted over beer cans in a mild citric acid overnight to reveal what I call personal treasures. The Pabst Bock can was a welcome surprise. Many different labels were found. Ohio cans unfortunately don't clean up too well, unlike other parts of the country. But the ACL sodas turned out nice. They are my favorite.

Attachments

• IM000464.JPG
    IM000464.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 461
  • IM000465.JPG
    IM000465.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 459
  • IM000466.JPG
    IM000466.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 454
  • IM000468.JPG
    IM000468.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 461
  • IM000469.JPG
    IM000469.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 449
Upvote 0

RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: As requested, last weekend's dump pictures.

Hey DD

If you can get your hands on some oxalic acid, it might do a little better job on the cans. If you do soak them in it, make sure it is well vented, wear rubber gloves and neutralize them w/ baking soda when you're done. Nice finds!

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5

;) That's actually what I use, but I didn't want to get people out there misusing it and puting the blame on me. Oops, secret's out. I don't put much more effort into them unless they really clean up well. I used to collect cans in the 70's. I'll probably end up tossing most of the cans to make room for my bottles. It's like Christmas everytime a totally rust covered can unveils itself :o , but then you look at them on the shelf and think.......boy they're ugly, why keep 'em ???

RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:DI used to collect cans myself...had over 15K different back then. The only ones I've hung onto are some of the quart conetops and my "Miss Rheingold" collection. My buddy and I destroyed the Miss Rheingold market back then. We found a dump in Hawk's Nest NY where we each got over 500 of the beauties in grade 1 or 2. Traded the heck out of them and built our collections. Sorry I let your "cat out of the bag"! ::) Good Luck hunting!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread