Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gang,
I am posting this here, for my extended " family " ( that's you guys and gals ). As some of you know I have owned a Mustang for some time. I have even tried to take the car out on the desert and have realized... That's wrong ( hey you gotta try ). I have some foto's of the Park Rangers trying to pull my car out while it's buried axle deep in sand. My love for this " hobby " went a little too far I guess.. So tomorrow morning I am picking up a used 1990 Toyota Forerunner with 4 WHEEL DRIVE !!!!!!! Ok tell the sand critter's they better CLEAR OUT !!!! Cause Daddy's on his way....... :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
This will be my first 4x4 and I am dying to get into it... So tomorrow I will post the pixs of the new SAND WAGON. It may not look like much to some of you, but to me it is the start of a new life.. See ya in the am.

PS: I know I won't sleep tonight like a kid on Christmas Eve...

PLL

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gang an TT,
I now have the new SAND WAGON...... WWWAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

PICT0974.JPG

And also, Thank You TT for all the advice.. I have been looking into this for sometime and I agree with all that you have said. I ( at first ) will take it slow for a couple of reasons 1- It's toooo hot to go out to the desert now and 2- I am a TOTAL rookie and will take it slow just because I am not confident on what I can or should do.
I really just wanted something that would simply be ok on hard dirt roads. No creek beds, no soft sands etc. There are a ton of places I couldn't get to, and now I will be able. I know not to go alone or without the right supplies or tools.

PICT0976.JPG

This is step 1 of what I want to do over the next 2-3 yrs. Step 2 is a RV and step 3 is to criss cross the country looking for stories. Go to every state and talk to people like us and find out what they are up to and write about it. TT you would be one of my first visits and of course my friend Oroblanco will be a close 2nd, followed by tooo many to list ( Old Cal you are definately up there too ). So this is just a minor step in a loooong plan but it has been accomplished.

Thanks to All
PLL

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TT,
Ahhhhh yes I have seen these trailers before. However I am think about a little more comfort. Something like this:

rv1.jpg

But then the reality of finance and praticality sets in.... HARD.... So this is more like it

rv2.jpg

I have been able to locate quite a few for between 10-24K.. Like I said it's about 2 years away. If all goes well, I would be travelling the country for about 2-3 yrs collecting as many stories as I can. TT this is what I was talking about in my email and yes the tailings should be a lot of fun ;D ;D ;D ;D
PLL

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
That's a cool 4X4 setup Pegleg!

And looking forward to seeing you someday in the future, you're welcome up here anytime.

Your area looks familiar? Antelope valley, California city or near Ransburg? Back in the late seventies and early eighties I did allot of traveling up there in the high desert, Never found my gold nugget but did have fun deep in the canyons of (Last Chance) and near Ransburg.

Keep us posted with your future adventures! Boy I do miss the desert!
Paul

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey OldCal,
It's not Randsburg, but that is a place on my list. It's actually just a small place E of Moreno Valley and W of Hemet just south of I-10. Or just west of Lamb's Canyon. Hey TT how about a trailer like this:

teardrop1.jpg

teardrop2.jpg

teardrop3.jpg

Luv the cartoon.

Talk about coooozzzzyyyy.
;D ;D
PLL

underc

Dec 13, 2005
Edgewood, WA
and a rule that I live by... go in with 2 wheel drive. When you get stuck... put it in 4 wheel and get yourself unstuck. Nice new wagon. This is my old Desert Ox.

Have fun with your new ride,

Denis (Underc)

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 181

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting