Asheville NC help !

DangerDude

Apr 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, BH IV, Fisher F2 and Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm headed to the Asheville/Marion area next weekend, never been there before. I'm coming from Wisconsin and wondering what places are best for gold and what places are best for gems. I don't mind doing some of that salted bucket stuff with my son but would like some virgin soil for myself. I know a lot of places are closed still but any info would be great.

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other

Sorry Can't Help you with the gold aspect..

Wish we could be there with you, would be nice to plan a field trip with other TN members.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
DangerDude

DangerDude

Apr 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never been but heard its beautiful ! We are staying at roan mountain right over the border in Tennessee. Thanks for the tips !

Upvote 0

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thermal city is open the 15th I believe and they have good gold there and you can dig your own dirt from the creek, you might want some waders as the water is still pretty cold I'm sure. I would sample till you find a good spot then pan or sluice, then just bring the cons home to pan later that way you'll get more gold then wasting time panning there. They have gem bags there from another location, just check the website and maybe give them a call. HH

Upvote 0

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you want to know about whitewater rafting , send me a private measage. The Nolichucky River is an exceptional wilderness raft trip. Incredible wilderness scenery. Another river with a milder river is The French Broad River in Hot Springs NC

Upvote 0

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The Second Broad River heads up near Marion and meanders South and South Southeast to near the South Carolina border and contains Gold along most of it's reaches. There are several pay to pan, sluice and dredge mines along the river. Besides, much of the areas along the river are also known for Gold and there is an LDMA Claim South Southeast of Marion not too far from the Second Broad River.

Frank

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DangerDude

DangerDude

Apr 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Down in Louisville headed down to NC in the morning. Thanks for all the feedback everyone, that's what I love about our hobbies !!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread