Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Asheville? Just about any stream you want to as long as you're not trespassing!

I did Thermal City last year, found a little bit, but not much. There's other commercial panning sites. From what I hear you should head to the Matthews area.

OP
OP
A

Awendaw

Feb 27, 2012
Awendaw, SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me and my wife going to head out in a little while. Definitely don't want to be trespassing. Do you know if you can pan on public land in NC?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Me and my wife going to head out in a little while. Definitely don't want to be trespassing. Do you know if you can pan on public land in NC?

Absolutely not on state parks. Funny thing about the rivers though, as I understand it - the center of rivers is free to hit. But absolutely do not degrade the river or stream banks. Dredging is another thing all together. In Virginia you can dredge with a nozzle up to 2 1/2", but 3" is illegal.

OP
OP
A

Awendaw

Feb 27, 2012
Awendaw, SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
10-4. Thanks for the info. May just get a couple buckets for later.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
FYI, since I was a panning newbie, I bought some bags of dirt to pan. Found a little there too - not enough to pay for the bags, but certainly enough to practice with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread