glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a better picture of a few of my blob top bottles Finding them never gets old I also have a pic. of what the area looked like before I began to dig Just looking at what was on the surface made me think i was going to be digging there for a while And being easy to please I found and kept quite a lot of items that I had never found before The items on the orange table are a small amount of items I while digging the find of a lifetime for me More later
1850FINAL FOUND.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2036.JPG
    IMG_2036.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This dump site was located in a 50 acre grass field There was markings to indicate it was there One spring day I was helping to do some work on the property And by luck I crossed tru where to dump had been All the broken glas scattered at the open holes made by groundhogs had exposed lots of old glass Even a rookie bottle digger like I was at that time knew there was some good stuff to be found there The owner had purchased the property about 20 years earlier had no info about he dump At that time he and I where attempting to do a major planting ptroject and I did not have time to be digging in the dirt .But I did a little kicking in the dirt and found several intact bottles including a warranted flask that was in very good shape (not pictured) Also there where many ceramic stoppers which played a role in my digging Looking at the pictures would give you the idea it was easy Not so much But there was plenty to find And it was important not to get to too much in a hurry up mode

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread